loud fan sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picosaurus

Baseband Member
Hey, this has started a few days ago. My computer is making a really loud fan noise. Not all the time but their doesn't seem to be a correlation between what i'm running and the noise. I have a feeling that it's the power supply because when I turn my PC off it keeps on going for a few minutes after the computer is shut down

firstly see if you can test all of the fans as they may be dieing depending on how old the system is, if you are having probles with it shutting down it could either be a problem with software, hard drive or power supply, see if you can test those things to determine which is causing the problem

You can test them doing this method:

- Turn off the power supply, and remove it from the outlet.
- Unplug all the components from the power supply, except the case fans you want to test.
- Take a paper clip, bend it in a U shape.
- Insert one end of the paper clip into a green wire or pin, of the 24-pin main power connector.
- Insert the other end into any black wire or pin, of the 24-pin main power connector.
- Then turn on the power supply.

Ok I know for sure that the noise is coming from my power supply. Is there anyway that I can clean it because I think a dog hair something else got caught on a fan

That doesn't sound to good Pico. :eek:
Did you manage to fix it yet? and what was it xD

My cd drive rattles on my case when i switch it on, give it a good old thump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom