Case connections to mobo -- how do I do it?! So many of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
I can NEVER figure this crap out myself. I hate all those little 1 pin connections you have to make from your case to mobo.

anyway, my mobo is a DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
DL manual here please DFI Product for LANPARTY

OK, I have no clue where to connect these, and even if I did, how do I know which exact place to put it?

Here's the list:
Group 1:
Mic in
Mic bias
Ground
SPKOUT R
SPKOUT L
Return R
Return L

Group 2:
HDD LED
RESET SW
POWER LED-
POWER LED+

Group 3:
SPEAKER (4 pins)
Power SW (2 pins)

Group 5:
+VCC
Ground
+D
-D

Group 6:
Same as group 5

EDIT: yes I skipped Group 4 I don't care I hate these connections

These can be really confusing but with a little concentration I was able to connect all of them on my first build. Look up where all the connections go in your motherboard manual and match them up with what your case manual says and you should be fine. Don't worry if you don't get it on the first try. Just go back to the manuals and make sure everything is in the right place. Good luck!

Yeah i got spoiled with the maximus, my biggest dread was trying to hook up the power/reset/leds pins since this comp was my first build. But the maximus took care of that :)

ooh a fellow maximus brother, i love this mobo, have u atempted to oc past 3.5ghz yet? oh and to stay on topic use your mother board manual and your case manual.

I like mine, but still not stable 3.6. It is very simple if you make a mistake with this board also. It restarts every time, never had to reset the cmos yet. If you do something it does not like it will restart and go back to stock settings automatically. It is basically idiot proof.

All newer Asus boards have the q connector, mine came with one as well... but I didn't use it. Anyway it really is not hard, your actual mobo should be labeled for connections, if it is not there surely is a diagram in your manual. If there isn't, call DFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom