Trouble setting up my new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duracellis

Baseband Member
I was installing windows and had to leave for work right in the middle of the harddrive being partitioned. I got back about 6 hours later to a black screen. I pressed a few keys and nothing happened so I restarted my comp and nothing happened a few times and the I eventually got it back to installing windows and then right in the middle it black screened again and now wont do anything. When I turn it on it beeps twice with about 10-20sec in between and that's about it.
Any suggestions would be nice :)

This is like my worst fear about tackling my first build. Could it be overheating? is your heat sink secure? Maybe your HDD is bad? Bad sector it's trying to write to?

intel core 2 duo E6750
asus p5k 35 mobo
Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2 2GB (2 x 1GB) low latency kit
xtx GeForce 8600GT 512mb DDR2
seagate 500gb 7200.11 32mb SATA 2

:'( none of my friends do. should I just take it into the shop? would they be able to test it out for me?

try resseatingyour cpu, make sure you plugged your cpu fan in aswell as if you didnt your system will not boot, with some mother boards, try reinstaling your video card, check that the 20 pin connector is in all your connections are proper, check your 12v 4 pin connection, and so on. check everything, make a checklist that always helps trouble shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom