Processor question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
because ur worryin about how much money to spend.. so just stick with that CPU and that GFX card... that will set u good and u wont have to pay a rediculous price for a x800 or somethin!!

BLuEnGrEEnPC said:
because ur worryin about how much money to spend.. so just stick with that CPU and that GFX card... that will set u good and u wont have to pay a rediculous price for a x800 or somethin!!

so you think i should go with the xp 3200+ with dual channel over just the 64 3200+? Whats everyone else opinion?
Athlon xp 3200
1 gig ram (2x512) in dual channel
Radeon 9800 pro 128mb (maybe 256mb)

or

Athlon 64 3200+
1 gig ram (2x512) not dual channel cause not possible
Radeon 9800 pro 128mb (maybe 256mb)

So which one should I go with? And if I should go with the 64 3200+ which mobo do I need? Will the asus a7n8x-e deluxe support both processors?

No, I have 1 GB of RAM and a Athlon 64 CPU, the FSB of the 64's make up for the loss of the ability to run dual channel. The 64-Bit CPU's are much much faster than the XP's and if you have 1GB of 3200 and its good, dual channel then becomes pointless. Get the Asus K8V-SE Deluxe motherboard (its on newegg). It is AWESOME! I have it and there is no way you can go wrong with it.

yea.. im sellin my K8V Deluxe socket 754 MoBo.. doesnt have all the cables and CD Drivers... its just the motherboard.. but if u have cables already then u can still hook them up to it... PM me or somethin if u want to talk about it!!

AMD 64 cost you more compare to your ATHLON XP.
If for gaming purpose, ATHLON XP 3200++ definite sufficient to handle, better use the extra money to get a nice graphic card.
Bcoz the most important thing in gaming is graphic card.

GameGURU said:
No, I have 1 GB of RAM and a Athlon 64 CPU, the FSB of the 64's make up for the loss of the ability to run dual channel. The 64-Bit CPU's are much much faster than the XP's and if you have 1GB of 3200 and its good, dual channel then becomes pointless. Get the Asus K8V-SE Deluxe motherboard (its on newegg). It is AWESOME! I have it and there is no way you can go wrong with it.

ok I will do that, but I see in your sig that oyu have an athlon 64 3000+ you think I should just go with that? Then maybe with that I may have enough for a better graphics card or at least the 256mb version of the 9800 pro. there is a few athlon 64 3200's that come with the asus K8n8x-LA mobo. Is this is a good mobo?

1:AMD 64BIT is good choice.
2: dual channel wont bring significant performance as what u get out of AMD 64Bit
3: dont buy 9800PRO in 256MB (either go for 9800PRO 128MB or 9800XT 256MB), 9800PRO 256MB has showed poor results as compared to 9800PRO 128MB.

and in motherboard, do not buy on nVidia chipset, go with VIA chipset, on models K8V Deluxe, (if you are buying 754 pin version of processor) and MOST RECOMMENDED is that, as now AMD has made both Athlon 64BIT and Athlon FX 53 on same pin design (i.e 939 pins), BEST is to buy Asus A8V Deluxe (on VIA K8T800 Pro chipset), this will help you out in such a way, that in case you decide to upgrade your processor from AMD 64BIT to AMD Athlon FX 53 (whicn is more powerful), then you dont have to change the motherboard as well (as from now, both Procesors have same number of pins).

Blind_Arrow said:
1:AMD 64BIT is good choice.
2: dual channel wont bring significant performance as what u get out of AMD 64Bit
3: dont buy 9800PRO in 256MB (either go for 9800PRO 128MB or 9800XT 256MB), 9800PRO 256MB has showed poor results as compared to 9800PRO 128MB.

and in motherboard, do not buy on nVidia chipset, go with VIA chipset, on models K8V Deluxe, (if you are buying 754 pin version of processor) and MOST RECOMMENDED is that, as now AMD has made both Athlon 64BIT and Athlon FX 53 on same pin design (i.e 939 pins), BEST is to buy Asus A8V Deluxe (on VIA K8T800 Pro chipset), this will help you out in such a way, that in case you decide to upgrade your processor from AMD 64BIT to AMD Athlon FX 53 (whicn is more powerful), then you dont have to change the motherboard as well (as from now, both Procesors have same number of pins).

Ok now if I was to get a 3000+ 64 bit or a 3200+ 64 what do oyu think you be the better value? With the 3000+ I may be abel to buy a better graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom