Another 8 series? This is madness! No this is NVIDIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from the graph comparing the specs of the GS and the GT, I'd say it will probably perform just below a GT, maybe a little bit faster than the G80 GTS's.

But I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that the 384 MB card probably will not outperform the GTX like the GT and G92 GTS do. It has less ROP's than all of the other cards and the smallest memory bus bandwidth at 192 bits, which I think will really hurt the 768 MB card's performance especially if its memory is limited to 2000 MHz like the GT's.

To everyone who is flipping out at nvidia:

They can't just progress with faster and faster cards. They need to maintain the entire span of the market, low to high performance for each series. This is how things always go. You can't just keep making flagship cards, people will still want low end cards. More importantly, they only make a card for so long before they stop producing it. In a sense, they ARE moving on.

But I will admit... it is frustrating when suddenly there are a ton of cards to choose from and the whole price/performance chart starts going completely haywire.

I was planning on building a dual 8800GT 256MB SLI rig... for $215 per card.

Will these 8800GS 768MB's @ $204 per card be a better deal? Better performance to dollar ratio? It's 192-bit though... hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom