*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

well i cant get a stable 3dmark score anywhere over 3.6, infact i tried 3.7 but my score went down.
But 16 was my goal so im happy!.

5500 @ 3.9ghz?

Doesn't seem right, I get 5501 cpu marks with only 3.6ghz :confused:

when i ocd to 3.8, my cpu score went down too so i figured it wasnt stable.

what volt should you not go above?
i dont have to worry about temps cos i can get it really cold in my room...but ijust wanna get a stable 3dmark score at 3.8
and i tried 1.55 and mch and fsb at +.01 but that still wasnt enough.

If I bump it down a little bit to around 770 it can pass without any artifacts at all. Max temps on the CPU are around 68 (Pushing it, I know.. but I don't usually have it at full load :p) Not sure on the graphics card but its well within normal levels.

Nos, I know what you mean. I thought about upgrading to a TRUE or Tuniq but I just love how this thing looks in my case :cool:

saying a card can "pass without any artifacts at all" is a really vague statement. Every card will get artifacts its just a matter of time. Even a stock card will eventually get artifacts if ATI Tool is left on for days. Its all about the amount of time. At this one overclocking forum, people were posting their records for overclocking their card and the requirement was just to pass 10 measely minutes of ATI Tool artifact test. The reason I dont overclock my card to 612mhz is cause at around an hour of ATI tool test it gets a delta or an artifact. That may be acceptable to some, but not really to me.

Aw great, the link in my entry seems to be messed up, the link works, it just doesn't automatically generate the title of the page for some reason

mgcook, you should pm Apok to update your score

and thanks to you mgcook, I am now looking into volt modding my card ;) I also pulled off the heatsink and replaced all the thermal compound with MX-2. From the factory, they put such a thick layer of thermal compound and it looks pretty crumby too, and they use this really thick thermal tape/mesh stuff, and there was hardly any decent contact either! Had to tighten it a bit more.

Dave (one of the Admins) is online right now, PM him..

EDIT: oh his sn is Dmo or something

Aw great, the link in my entry seems to be messed up, the link works, it just doesn't automatically generate the title of the page for some reason

mgcook, you should pm Apok to update your score

and thanks to you mgcook, I am now looking into volt modding my card ;) I also pulled off the heatsink and replaced all the thermal compound with MX-2. From the factory, they put such a thick layer of thermal compound and it looks pretty crumby too, and they use this really thick thermal tape/mesh stuff, and there was hardly any decent contact either! Had to tighten it a bit more.

yeah i cant seem to get more than 710Mhz out of this card without it freezing. i'm probabaly gonna pull mine apart and put some of my MX-1 on everything.

Back
Top Bottom