Using the vista basic theme, can I change colors of windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I noticed with aero running that I can change the color of window borders. I liked the black feature. Due to me not caring at all about aero and figured I'd rather save a few bits of memory than see some useless eye candy, I turned aero off. Not that I turned aero off, when I go back into the same menu to change the color of the window borders, it isn't available. It's only available when I have aero enabled.

Meh. I'd like to know if I can get the window borders away from the light bluish color. I want like a dark gray or something. I've tried to look for some free downloadable vista themes however I've been unable to locate any decent ones...

Any input?

You can not change the color of the Vista Basic theme. You have to use a UXTheme.dll patcher and download .msstyles to do this. The Vista Basic theme is only available in Blue.

Yeah unfortenately as Makaveli213 said you can only change that color by tweaking. I didn't know that patch, thanks, a friend of mine has just vista basic and hates that blue hue.

Yes it will work ONLY if you dont have SP1 right now. They have changed the ustheme.dll in SP1 which has cost many people to have issues with trying to use a patcher and other themes with SP1. So till they release SP1 and make it final i would stay away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom