BEST PC Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** thats a good price on that case LOL

looks like you'll be enjoying your new computer for awhile :)

PS. I like how you got 3 threads about same build ;)
good way to get attention

dude cases are cases. some are better then others but there are a lot of cases. I took an old 10 year old case spray painted it metallic silver and built my computer in that, and it runs nice and cool. my system temp is only 96 f on load, and cpu runs at 110 f on load, idles at 77 f. whats important in a case to me is how much expansion room and how efficient cooling is. i had 2 mounting points for 80 mm fans, which i used at first kept it cool. i replaced one with a 120 mm, though i had to make custom mounts for that. nothin a good drill couldnt do.

my system: echo star 600w psu. gigabyte s3 mobo, amd athlon 64 x2 6000+
2 GBs of patriot DDR2 800, WD 500 GB HD. only using the integrated nvidia 6150E vid card right now, but hope to upgrade to the new ATI 3870 soon.

i think cases are overrated. get any case you like, add in a 120mm front intake and a 120mm back exhaust fan and youre good to go :)

i think cases are overrated. get any case you like, add in a 120mm front intake and a 120mm back exhaust fan and youre good to go :)
^_^ Most certainly not.

The P182 for instance has cable management, a good amount of fans, good customization, a good size and a great way of dividing different heat sources - you can put your hard drives in the bottom cage along with your power supply, then route the cables from your power supply behind the motherboard tray for excellent airflow.

For £80, it is the best case on the market, without a doubt.

I know you already got a case.... Antec 900 IMO is BEAUTIFUL, and has MUCH potential...... The blue LED's are on the fans, not built into the case, replace the fans with non-LED fans, trouble solved. :D

Assembly09.jpg

Anybody who says that, doesn't have much experience with cases.

Actually you might be surprised. as long as the case fits all the components you need, and you like it, everything else can be modified. you can custom create methods to route your cables with ANY case, fan mounts are customizable, seriously. Like I stated earlier, I didnt feel like spending money on a case I used a 10 year old case. I drilled holes in the front to make a custom mount for a 120 mm case fan, and am using a 80 mm and 2 60 mm fans for exhaust. my system idles at 90 degrees f. and cpu and 80. granted I dont o/c with it, but it runs cool enough, has all the expansion room I need, and I got to spend that 50-100 bucks on computer parts instead. I say as long as the case does what you need and you like it go for it. believe it or not the case does not improve your comps performance, all it can do is improve how silent it runs and how cool it runs, and if your creative you can do those same things with an older case.

Anybody who says that, doesn't have much experience with cases.

Actually you might be surprised. as long as the case fits all the components you need, and you like it, everything else can be modified. you can custom create methods to route your cables with ANY case, fan mounts are customizable, seriously. Like I stated earlier, I didnt feel like spending money on a case I used a 10 year old case. I drilled holes in the front to make a custom mount for a 120 mm case fan, and am using a 80 mm and 2 60 mm fans for exhaust. my system idles at 90 degrees f. and cpu and 80. granted I dont o/c with it, but it runs cool enough, has all the expansion room I need, and I got to spend that 50-100 bucks on computer parts instead. I say as long as the case does what you need and you like it go for it. believe it or not the case does not improve your comps performance, all it can do is improve how silent it runs and how cool it runs, and if your creative you can do those same things with an older case, or a case that doesnt fit all you guys unusually high standards.

Having a nice case is a statement. Some people don't care whether they wear clothes from wal-mart while others like to dress in nice threads. Its all personal preference. If your fine with it than thats all that matters.
Ethereal, sick case bro. I'm painting my case. What paint did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom