System is not showing specs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is what worked for me...no promises..use at your own risk of course.

1. At the command line, type net stop winmgmt. You may get a warning that other services need to be stopped as well; type Y and continue.
2. Open Explorer and go to the folder called %SystemRoot%\System32\WBEM\Repository.
3. Delete that folder and everything in it.
4. Reboot the system normally.
5. On the next login, open a command prompt and type the following commands in this order:
winmgmt /clearadap
winmgmt /kill
winmgmt /unregserver
winmgmt /regserver
winmgmt /resyncperf

ok i got it to work now.. i reinstalled vista.. now the specs show n everything.. but i was wondering how i reformat my WHOLE Hardrive because im at
138gb out of 250gb.

When you were setting up the installi bet you missed the format option.

577048_7.jpg

When you are at this screen you have to click the Advance button to bring up the format option. Then you jsut click format and it formats it real quick. Vista only does a quick format not a full format.

Another solution would be to use GPArted and jsut format the whole thing and install Vista again.

Click on that partition. It shouw show the advanced setup then. ;)

If not just download GParted:

GParted -- LiveCD

Burn it to disc and format with that. It is a simple task sut right click on the partition and choose format then select NTFS.

i clicked the partion.. didnt show advanced options.. is there any other way i can do it .. not with gparted

Well there is Kill Disk, Boot and Nuke, Acronis Disk Director, and PowerMax. There is also DD For windows. Acronis costs $$.

Maybe its showing that because you have another OS already on it and when you install Vista, it backs up your current files. I always deleted them when the Vista install was finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom