New Build / Your Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye but according to power supply calculator it says I need 733W, plus some inefficiency is about 800W.

No need to jump down my throat.

****, beginning to be put of by this place already.

Mikey.

So you think a 610W power supply is better than the Odin?

I have 15 USB's as well - with a lot more things plugged in.

By the way, I'm not an idiot - this is the 10th PC I have built... I was just asking for opinions...

Geez just leave me alone...

I have accept your right about the HSF and RAM, but not the power supply... is that OK?!

ok w/e, if you ask for our opinion and then ridicule it, don't ask for the opinion

"PSU

The Power Source is the most common part that people spend too much on. With all the ad's in magazines and online about "1000w rated PSU's for the high-performance PC! many people have got the wrong impression of what they need to power their system with ease. The most IMPORTANT thing to note about power supplies are that how much power a system needs is in no way the amount of "watts" rated. For most PC's these days what you should be looking at is the amount of Amps rated on the 12v rails. The components that draw the most power on your system use the power on the 12V rails. CPU's, and Video cards draw power from the 12V alone and just those two can easily hit well over 300w's alone. The other rails don't really worry about too much if you can meet the needs of the 12V's, especially on a gaming PC. When choosing a power source you should find out how many amps combined it has the on the 12's first, and on PSU's with multiple rails you cannot simply just add the amps up on both rails as it's nowhere that simple of a process. Most of the better quality trusted PSU's will tell you on the side label or in the specs the actual amperage the 12V rails give off. So then before you even starting looking for a PSU that will work for your needs, you must then know how many amps you need to safely power your system right? To find out this the only thing I can really tell you is to research how many your system will actually need. I will tell you now though that most likely the total your system will need will be a LOT less than that of what the really expensive PSUs have. A Quad-Core system at around 3.6ghz with an 8800Ultra heavily overclocked, a couple hard drives, and a couple optical drives will easily run on a trusted PSU that is rated around 40amps if not less. The Corsair 550VX has a combined total of 41amps on the 12V's and can be had for only $100 bucks at the moment which is quite a cheap PSU compared to how expensive the other parts are right? This is just simply because people don't really realize how little power their systems actually need to run smoothly and safely. The average system will NOT need a very expensive power supply to run everything well. There are a few budget yet trusted power supplies that can be had for around $50 that will power the majority of gaming systems safely. The reason why there are all these expensive PSU's out there costing so much is quoted by B1gapl "most people usually go the "better to be safe, than sorry" method, with choosing power supplies.....but what they don't know, is that the safe bar is much lower, than it is"
If you are looking to maximize the performance in a build then the power supply is something you want to research a lot. I do want to stress the fact though that if you buy a cheaper PSU make sure you know which are "trusted" power sources so you don't fry your system. I may be telling you to look into cheaper PSU's but I am in no way telling you to look into cheaper quality ones. There is a HUGE difference in the two."

straight from the Maximizing Performance, Reducing Budget Sticky made by Sora

Geez just leave me alone...

I have accept your right about the HSF and RAM, but not the power supply... is that OK?!

:umm:

LOL, get over yourself man. They're trying to help and from your choices of items it seems their understanding is above yours.

So when you go asking for help, and get help from people more knowledgeable then yourself, try not be a jerk about it and look into what they're saying.

Look, I have changed practically everything to your liking apart from the power supply, which is rated very highly in all websites such as Toms Hardware. I have the money to spend and would like to splash out a little - I like the looks of the Odin because I like to show the insides of my PC off to people, and a grey PC Power + Cooling PSU wouldn't be the nicest of looking things...

I am also pretty sure that the Odin will do the job and do it well, so what is your problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom