First Pc Build for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah if tiger direct still has that special on the stacker...then its a no brainer. Get vista, you'll love it. You could probably get a g11 keyboard off of e-bay brand new for like 30$ it doesnt have the lcd screen but who even uses it?

Tiger Direct charges $30 shipping whereas Newegg's deal on the Stacker is only $10 more than Tiger Direct but includes free shipping. No brainer sounds about right.

yeah if tiger direct still has that special on the stacker...then its a no brainer. Get vista, you'll love it. You could probably get a g11 keyboard off of e-bay brand new for like 30$ it doesnt have the lcd screen but who even uses it?

I like mine and use it.:)

Really? I never look down at my keyboard while playing a game, everything you need to know is on the monitor. What does the lcd screen show you?
I use it more for temp monitoring than anything. When I do play online games, I use Ventrilo which works well with the screen so I know who is talking and what room I am in. Helps when I change rooms also. I can tell where I am without going to the desktop.

i use fraps on it, performence monitor to see ho much ram is being used when gammign and how much my proc is beign used, and finaly core temp aswell. its also usefull for changing yoru music while gaming with out changing yoru window, i dotn really need to use my lcd monitor on my keyboard as i have a second monitor anyway and can display all that on the second but i like to have it on my key board.

I'm wondering why go with a quad core processor when you can get a faster dual core for the same price? There aren't any games written for quad cores yet are there?

What is so attractive about the AMD's... their FSB? They have smaller L2 cache though... I was under the impression that the Core2Duo was the best bang for the buck gaming processor out. Quad's are really only useful for video editing and rendering now right?

^^
Intel is supposed to come out with a new quad in the coming month right? The yorkie? It's supposed to be the first true quad... where the kentsfield is just 2 core2duo's mated together, or something like that...?

Is AMD currently making the best quads?

no intel is curently makign the best quad as it is loads faster, the q6600 makes up for not being a true quad with a super high front side bus, and losts of cache. the new intel chip is also not a true quad core chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom