Recommend me a CPU cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've taken the plunge and bought the Armour case.

Now, I'm after a good cooler.

I need something thats going to guarantee me excellent temps with my now overclocked 3.3Ghz E6600.

Money isn't an option, so no worries there. So far, I'm considering...

1. The Scythe Infinity
2. Thermalright Ultra-120
3. Thermalright SI-128
4. Tuniq Tower 120

What I'm after, guys, is honest opinions on these coolers. Or are that any coolers on the market at present which are better than those mentioned above? (not water cooled) I'm prepared to pay any price.

thermalright ultra-120 extreme is prolly ur best choice for the best air cooler ever out atm, add a couple of mean fans and over clock all day long

it preforms better than tuniq

Nice choice, Chrysamere. So you reckon that the thermalright ultra-120 extreme coupled with Arctic Silver 5 would cure any temp woes?

also, whats the best fan for it? I've been looking at the Scythe S-Flex fan.

Or there's Panaflo. Some of the 120mm Panaflo's run at 35Db, is that pretty loud?

The Thermalright Ultra Extreme-120 (TRUE) would be a great choice. I would recommend Arctic Silver MX-2.

I am using 2 Scythe S-Flex fans (800 RPM) on my TRUE, and it is working great.

Oh, and for others wondering, the TRUE fits NO PROBLEM into the Antec 900 case.

What does the (TRUE) mean in regards to the Ultra Extreme 120.

I didn't realise Arctic Silver had an "MX-2" compound out, is it better than AS 5?

ThermalRight Ultra Extreme-120 TRUE is shorthand

And yes, MX-2 is top of the line from Artic... I just found out during my build about it.

how are you liking your new thermaltake armor? is the armor or armor+?
also i currently have my e6600 at 3.6ghz using a thermaltake big typhoon 120vx so the big typhoon is a good cooler aswell i wouldnt call thee TRUE the best air cooler available

Hi Dragon.

Basically, I'm tearing my hair out over whether to get a 900, or an Armour. Both have great reviews.

I'm swaying more towards the Armor, as it has more space for bigger coolers. Although the 900 does seem to boast fantastic cooling abilities.
I would go for a Lian Li PC-A70. I have my PC in one.

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A70A Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A70B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Space will really not be a problem with it.

thanks for the help guys.

Mattchew, the **** thing hasn't been delivered yet! CCL are experiencing "stock problems" at the moment, hopefully it'll arrive soon.

I went for the Armour VA8003BWS version in the end, roughly £80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom