Fan heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well, ive had this problem for about 4-5 months, so i know its not overheating. but recently ive put my computer in my room, which is a small room. and it heats up the room and makes my room become hot. the PSU does blow hot air, and you hear a loud fan, but i can't really find out if its a fan or what.. it kinda sounds like a CD ROM drives when its working and running but you hear it quite loud... but it does it without anything in the ROMS so doubt its that.. just like a fan running but can't really figure out why its doing it. any info

o_O It's more than likely an exaust fan for your case. If it's that loud it sounds like your CPU heatsink making the noise. PSU fans are generally quite quiet.

It's a good thing though. If you're case doesn't get any of the hot air expelled your components will overheat and short out ^^

Mine heats up my room as well. I've got 6 fans including PSU fan in mine. some people have over 10.

Cooler the better, your room temp might suffer but its better than your PC turning to slag ^^

ah alright, i just figured the PSU would blow out cold air, thought with the room being heated that it would cause the computer to heat up and stuff would overheat :(

The problem is that Pentium CPU you have is a space heater. The reason that your room heats up is because that heat is coming FROM the computer. If you room WASN'T heating up, then the components would RUN hotter in the PC, and that wouldn't be good.

Also, that rig looks to be a few years old. I would suspect that perhaps one or more of your fans might be on their last leg, or maybe caked with dust. Over times, fans start to make noise as they get dirty, and worn. The fans on my old Chieftec case are HORRIBLY loud and rattle because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom