DELL 2300 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite0ne04

Baseband Member
Alright i am new to this forum and decently knowledged on computers for a 17 year old i purchased a dell 2300 a few years ago just wanting a computer and upgraded the mem first throwing in the 512.. its a huge performance difference and i am told i really dont need a ton more i started gaming with your basic games like cs daoc... d2 and so on and upgraded to a pci vid card :( do i really need a faster computer if so what do you suggest that i do

its hard to upgrade name brands... unless u buy the name brands parts.. thats y u should sell ur Dell.. and buy separate parts, and build it yourself or have someone that knows how do it!! not tryin ta be an ass, just wanting to help u out... cuz i made the mistake a year or 2 ago havin my mom get a dell.. the 8200 Dem. .. and now i got this better PC, after i realized that i shouldnt have done that (got the dell)!!

no bro i understand that your not trying to b a ass and i know that the 2300 is a peice and i am not computer retarted like i can install the basic components i just never put a computer together by myself from scratch i have do things as far as replacing most of the main peices... hd, mem, etc... i just never started from scratch and could do the basics i just wouldnt know how to fine tune everthing perfectly..

Pre-made systems get the job done as cheap as possible.You could build a better system with a liitle more money.I would start studying about building your own and save your money while your at it .Its not hard plus its fun :)

actually.. if u buy parts separate n build it yourself... its cheaper.. cuz u can get on a forum like this.. and see if people are tryin ta get rid of parts for kinda cheap that u might want... or go to a website and buy parts.. its cheaper to build yourself

actually Dell is one of the better companies when it comes to replacing or upgrading parts, especially with its laptops.
yes, building a computer from scratch is cheaper and the end result will be better.
here is a guide on how to build computers (by AMD) - it's best to look at some of the basics if you haven't already built a computer from scratch; there is always a chance that you'll find yourself saying "now what the hell do I do now?" even if you have done things like put in a hard drive

to start with, you need to know what you want it to do, and build it to meet those requirements

I don't think we really answered his question. First of all building your new computer may cost you about 650 bucks. I hada job at 17 but he may not. To answer your question about upgrading your Dell it is hard to say without looking at that specific machine. I know that PCI video card is way outdated. Get an AGP card. I would have another stick of 512 in there as well. I had and Hewlett Packard where I was able to upgrade anything so I'm not sure if your dell would apply. I'm here to help and just thinking about your budget. If you have no budget I say start building a new pc.

The Dell 2300 series does not have an AGP slot so that will not work. It will take a max of 1024MBs so another 512MB module will not hurt. So, with this in mind I would really think about buying a new computer or building one....

jayhawker01 said:
I don't think we really answered his question. First of all building your new computer may cost you about 650 bucks. I hada job at 17 but he may not. To answer your question about upgrading your Dell it is hard to say without looking at that specific machine. I know that PCI video card is way outdated. Get an AGP card. I would have another stick of 512 in there as well. I had and Hewlett Packard where I was able to upgrade anything so I'm not sure if your dell would apply. I'm here to help and just thinking about your budget. If you have no budget I say start building a new pc.

Dayem, a member who actually cared enough and was smart enough to directly respond to a poster's question rather than ramble on about how great he is about computers. Thanks man.

JayHawker, I bought a Dell 4100 Dimensions a few years ago, and they are very easy to upgrade. I have upgraded my burner, HDD drive, added RAM, added a NIC, upgraded my DVD drive, flashed by BIOS (provided by Dell's website), and even added a 3rd HDD to load Mandrake. ALL with no problems whatsoever. Anyone who spouts off saying things like Dell's can't be upgraded just haven't tried it themselves and is simply regurgitating some sh*t they heard on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom