x2 4000+ OC issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
ok so I'm working on getting everything I can out of my cpu and it's doing really well so far.

Right now I have it at around 2.91 and it's not stable while stress testing for more then 10-15 min. Voltage is around 1.57 and temps are at 40(CPU) idle, and core0 + core1 are at 20-24 idle. When I put on a stress tester it just goes up and up and crashes once they hit around 50 (CPU). It will just lock up and i have to force shut-down.

maybe it's just my hsf that isn't keeping my system cool enough (AFP-64) and I need to upgrade to a more suitable cooling system (either TRUE or Tuniq120).

but if i could get some idea's of what to do that would be great. I've got the ram at 2v, 4-4-4-12 timings, and 400mhz. Ram doesn't seem to be an issue tho. the HTT is at 600mhz, if I put it up to 800 it won't boot.

so yeah that last bit is just a bit of extra info, but if I could get some pointers of stuff to do to get everything I can out of this thing that would be great.

aite, scrap my original post, I decided to change how I went about oc'ing due to me reading something (/duh). So now I'm stuck at a wall. I'm trying to get to 3.1ghz and I'm at 3.0ghz stable now. it runs stable at 1.4025v, 300x10 (FsbxMulti), HTT @ 600mhz, ram is all stock settings.

so what's happening is I'm able to POST and it gets to the windows load screen with the scrolly bar and it just freezes part way through that and just gives me the No Signal message on my monitor.

So some pointers would be dandy :D

Well all I did to get my X2 3600+ to 3.1 was I increased the volts to my Ram sticks, lowered the things to DDR533, and let it roll. Try increasing the cpu Volts if you nothing else works.
I got to 3.1 with 1.4v and 2.0v on mem

yeahhh.... so now when I put it up to be at 3.003GHz, when I boot it up it reads as 1.5GHz and when I restart it to muck around in the bios to see wtf is up, it crashes and says that it was an unstable clock...

all I had changed were the NB voltage and the SB voltage. and only by 5 thousands.

try raising your HT multiplier to 3 instead of 2.
sometimes motherboards dont like the HT bus to run that low.
you can even try 4. there are certain times when the rig is actually more stable with high HT bus, though i typically run mine at 3 if clock is over 300mhz.
i can almost assure you that you will need more voltage than that to go any higher. and its probably not going to be stable at 1.4V and 3ghz, even.

HT multiplier is at x3, the board doesn't say that its running at 2x or 3x or 4x etc.. it says what speed it runs at in terms of stock so its set at 600 in the bios, which is 3x the stock speed. so it is at 3x, not 2x. and i did try bumping it up to 4x but that made it unstable.

ATM 2.8 is stable at 1.4025 and runs at like 30 Idle, 41 Load, so I just made the mistake originally buy thinking that if it wasn't stable that it wasn't getting enough voltage, and i hit it up to 3.0 on like 1.6v and it was hitting around 60 under load and would crash.

ok so now its crashing at 2.95 ghz after stress testing it for a while. i can already rule out temps, (it was at 41 max while under 100% load) so should i increase my cpu voltage, nb voltage, ht voltage, should i adjust my RAM in some way shape or form? I know I can get this thing to hit around 3ghz and remain stable, i just don't know how...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom