Hyper Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
and koldapu, i guess thats a good way to put it.. it just seems like to me.. the best to do 1GB is (512MBx2).. lol.. but lets not make that an argument too

hahaha... yea.. but dual channel is the way to go!!! id only have a stick on 1GB PC3200 if i was still savin to buy my other stick of 1GB PC3200 to have 2GB of RAM

I commented on the name calling. I don't particularly enjoy those types of names. Just remember that for future reference (bluengreenpc) BTW, like I said, no need to argue about such nonsense :p We are all computer gurus here and disearve a respectful environment where other gurus can chat in a well-mannered fashion. Sure I'll see you around lol.

sure u will.. plenty of people fight their differences tho.. and thats always gonna happen.. because thats how they see it.. and thats how they would do, thats how they like it/ want it.. but its not like i want to kill u, unlike some people that get on my bad side.. lol

I am new (registered today) thats y writing reply now:

first i'll take hyperthreading (intel's technology) a single chip works as 2 CPU, other being virtual. but this technology is entirely software dependent. if the software supports multi threads, then aplications can benefit from Hyperthreading, else not. and those who are with P-4 HT processor, can see that the first graph in CPU performance shows the actual CPU, whislt other shows the performance of virual CPU, and always the application load is on Virtual CPU more. unlike Apple MAC's which are truly hyper threaded with 2 physical CPU's rather than 1 physical and other virtual.

Hypertransport is not actually AMD's own invention, as (previously named as LDT - Lightining Data Transfers) was though developed at AMD, but with other hardware vendors, as its actually implemented on printed circuit. the Input/output speed is increased between RAM, Slots and Processor.

now good thing about this is, as this is entirely hardware dependent, every application out of the box can benefit from it, unlike in hyperthreading, only those who can suport multi threads.

Blind_Arrow, u have a nice system.
Is it not so convenient using triple boot? Cos always have to reboot if want to change OS?
How come u didnt use VMware or Virtual PC?
I prefer VMware.
Sorry if out of topic.Just cant stand my curiousity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom