need help buying a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have someone who will sell me a brand new GT for 260 dollars. I imagine it runs cooler and a quieter.

To the layman's eyes it seems that the Zalman cooler wouldn't be much better than the stock. the stock actually shoots hot air out the back like an exhaust pipe.

Well I got my X1900XT running alot cooler. I used ATI tool and manually set fan speeds at the different temp levels. And now it idles 67 degrees and doesn't get over 80 ever under full load. Such a huge improvement. I am getting like 30-40 fps everything max and with qarls reduced textures in Oblivion.

If I could only fix my sound problem I would be set, the onboard sound on the Asus M2N SLI Deluxe is plain broken, I'm not sure how they are selling these boards. Anyways anyway to get an external sound card? Maybe a dumb question, but I don't want to screw up the sweet deal I have with my X1900XT now.

if you wanna stick with ati then get the 3870

You know I was wondering, but seeing as how the 8800 GT is better in benchmarks, I don't mind going with Nvidia. I had a Nvidia card before rigth after swapping out my voodoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom