pc keeps restarting!!! help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sckitz

Solid State Member
hello guys im haven troubles figuring out what is going on with little brothers computer idk what he did or why it got to this point but i need some help well he is running windows xp and he tells me he didnt do nuthen he just plays cs and downloads music
one day he went down stairs and tryed power on his computer and every thing was good it would load windows and then like ten minutes later it would just restart on his it keeped doing it for bout two weeks like that then all the sudden he would try power up and it would give you option to start last know configuration or safe mode so we would pick last know configuration then it would try boot then would just restart at the xp sign now it wont even boot into windows with out restarting we dont have the window xp home eddtion disk becouse his father bought it form his friend so i got my window xp professtional eddtion and tryed usen that and put that in to see if it work and it dont even do nuthen just keep restarting b4 it even boot into windows and i noticed that the pc is loud when it try to boot up then just restarts

any one got any idea how to fix this problem im sick of this kid usen my laptop all day!!!!!!!!

Without a XP Home disc to try a repair install you are kinda stuck. Need to get your hands on one. Either from a torrent or friend or something.

can you direct me in any direction to good safe torrent? i asked friends and tryed but no one has one

i use my xp professtional disk and it try to do some thing then it keep restart for bout 5 mintues then it go to the blue window setup then just restarts

I cant give you direct links. Forbidden by forum rules. But the best places to search are gonna be The Pirate Bay and ISOHunt.

nuthen else it could be like bad hard drive or over heating or anything like that?

The XP Pro disc wont work since it isnt the same OS as the one on there. Without the disc to try and do some repair installs or check for some things there is no way to tell if it is hardware or other problems.

found a web cite that you can downlaod windows start up disk would that work?

I would be sure that the fans are running before you try anything else. This sounds like a hardware issue to me.

could be someone was dl'ing a bunch of pirated marterial, and said items were malicious ;)

try pulling out the drive and using as strictly data drive in another pc. Then using "new" pc to diagnose/scan drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom