Need help getting Q6600 stable at 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I currently have my clock at 400X9
Multi at 2 and rams running at 800
vcore is at 1.475.

I cant even get past a minute with prime being stable.
Any tips in what else should i raise or do with the multis?

well i lowered it to 3.4 ghz, and no errors so far on prime.
And these are the settings i have on my mobo.
fsb,mech,pci.

how much do i increase it by? and whats the max volt i should try? what should i not cross?

my volt is at 1.475 now and temps are 65 65 60 61

Good luck on getting it stable. I can run 3.5 stable no problem, but still working on dropping the Vcore to lowest stable setting. I can not get 3.6 stable even with 1.506v on the core. I am at 3.7 right now, can run 3Dmark06 all day, play games, and surf all day, but is not SMP or Prime95 stable. Try Vcore 1.5v, NB 1.47v FSB 1.44v. If that works, then work the vcore back down to lowest stable setting, then drop the others also to lowest stable setting. One thing at a time so you know what works and what don't. You could be like me and just have a CPU that won't go that high, stable any ways.

Good luck on getting it stable. I can run 3.5 stable no problem, but still working on dropping the Vcore to lowest stable setting. I can not get 3.6 stable even with 1.506v on the core. I am at 3.7 right now, can run 3Dmark06 all day, play games, and surf all day, but is not SMP or Prime95 stable. Try Vcore 1.5v, NB 1.47v FSB 1.44v. If that works, then work the vcore back down to lowest stable setting, then drop the others also to lowest stable setting. One thing at a time so you know what works and what don't. You could be like me and just have a CPU that won't go that high, stable any ways.

i have mch,fsb,cpu, and pci volt that i can increase.
cpu i get, but for the others i can incrase them by +.01-.04...so what should i do?

You need to know what the other voltages are right now, then you add .01 or whatever you need. There should be a screen that shows all the voltages in the bios somewhere. NB would be the main one to find.

i cant find out what the defaul is.
here are some pics of my bios options in the overclocking section.

S4021041.jpg

S4021042.jpg

S4021043.jpg

S4021044.jpg

Try raising the FSB .1v. Make sure your memory is 5-5-5-18. Also you need to know what your maximum voltage can be for your memory. I see you have + .4v which seems like quite a bit. Your memory will have a sticker/print that shows max voltage. If that don't work try + .1v on the MCH. Weird that there is no NB adjustment. It is like a bad jig saw puzzle and your doing it partially blind folded. Trial and error, and only do one thing at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom