Q6600 G0 running TOOOOO HOT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you guys have it change on load?
do you have cie, eist,and virtual disabled in the bios?

I have my cpu at 3.2 now, ram at 880, vcore at 1.3, and i just ran a 3dmark and i got 14670.

hehe no...3.6ghz at the moment.

ignore my sig...i've been playing with all kinds of clocks and will try to settle on one when my P35 board comes next week

^ Yeah, I payed $80 for my mobo, and on top of that I've got a B3 stepping, so I shouldn't be surprised that I need 1.6V to hit 3.6GHz. I might be able to get 3.6GHz with 1.5-something, but I don't want to bother with those kinds of voltages, I only did so for some benchmarking.

^ Yeah, I payed $80 for my mobo, and on top of that I've got a B3 stepping, so I shouldn't be surprised that I need 1.6V to hit 3.6GHz. I might be able to get 3.6GHz with 1.5-something, but I don't want to bother with those kinds of voltages, I only did so for some benchmarking.

i just wanna get 3.6 for benchmarks too and leave it at 3.4 all time use...
but i cant even get it stable at 3.4.

Heh so just out of curiousity, i downloaded the new prime95. Running stock -everything- my temps were 39/38/37/36 with all 4 cores at 100%. This is with a lapped TRUE and CPU. And ya, there was definately something wrong with the way you had the heatsink mounted the first time.

"idle" temps (me surfing the internet and some stuff running in background) are 28/25/26/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom