Parts are in! Pics n need advice for first builder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
hello everyone. I have waited almost a year n it is time to rebuild my computer from scratch. Of course not all is here. What is missing is a decent graphics, which im waiting for called the HD 3870 x2. I wanted a Phenom, but i decided to wait for Phenom 9900 or one of the FXs.

now with out further ado, here r my parts n gameroom!

IMG_0554.jpg

everything is here! The Xclio 700w, MSI K9A2 Platinum, Tuniq, MX-2, 2x1GB Crucial DDR2 800 SDRAM, Seagate 250GB 7200.10 HDD, APEVIA X-JUPITER G-Type X-JUPITERG-BK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case, n the SAMSUNG SyncMaster 216BW (replaced, but now has a light blue pixel that wont go away). Windows Vista Ultimate OEM (not opened yet, tell u why later).

the speakers were given to me as a gift 2 yrs ago. They r old but still good use. Logitech Z-2200.

IMG_0555.jpg

Windows Vista Ultimate OEM (not opened yet, tell u why later).

IMG_0556.jpg

my old parts im transfering to my computer. The one im gonna use is the stupid ATI 9200 LE. That graphics card, 6600 LE, on the Robot Chicken Season 1 DVD, i OCed it in Feb n it malfunctioned, causing my computer to crash. Long story short, my Windows XP loading screen default was completely replaced by a customized Dawn of War version. When i OCed my graphics card too far, the computer rebooted, n the computer couldnt find the default loading screen causing a crash, so now the card is messed up n i lost my invoice to the place i had my computer built from, which closed down 2 yrs ago.

those r my gameinformer issues i collected, im not subscribed anymore, i found out it is just not worth it anymore. Hellgate: London, that is the pre-order case, not the game. I pre-ordered it from Wal-Mart 2 months ago n they havent given me a call or anything about it. I put $5 towards it on credit n im gonna go get a refund soon. Reason i havent was because ive been busy with school.

anyhow, here is more pics.

IMG_0557.jpg

my old PC. Sucks like a vacuum, side fan........uhhhhh.

IMG_0549.jpg

n this is the gameroom, that is one of my little bros, Austin - playing Uncharted that he got from Christmas.

now i need to know a few things about building it.

-how much MX-2? A dime? Grain of rice?
-on the OEM version of Vista, it says, "If you open this package," here is the part i dont understand, ".......it also must be pre-installed on the HDD of the fully assembled computer system, using the OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK)." WTF does that mean?

UPDATE, EMERGENCY!:

omg i worked all day on the computer n just right when i was about to put the heatsink on,............i couldnt put it on!. The required holes for screws (K8), wasnt there! I repackaged it, n right now im looking for another one that can fit!

i need help! Help me find a good one, one that can fit on this mobo!

UPDATE 2:

Newegg.com - Thermaltake CL-P0114 120mm CPU Cooler - Retail

i found this. This is the only one i can find that is good, n it looks like it can fit.

ironically, i found the same exact bracket that is around the CPU i have!!! Matches the same one on my mobo:

Newegg.com - Thermalright AM2 RM (Rev.A) Retention bracket - Retail

i also found this heatsink as well:

Newegg.com - Thermaltake CL-P0310 120mm CPU Cooling Fan - Retail

newer model too. Idk, i need help!

UPDATE 3:

im gonna order the P0114.

lol this is a very detailed post. Pretty sick actually, but as far as your questions go, for number one just a grain of rice should do because it will spread. For number 2, don't worry about it. The OEM is made for system builders and it basically means that you are installing it onto a fresh hard drive,through booting it from the CD, instead of the "upgrade version" in which you already have xp and you are just upgrading through windows.

BTW i want that motherboard for my phenom, let me know how good it is.

I have that power supply, it's good, but I hate how it makes a neverending noise when I shut down my computer unless I turn it off too.

u dotn use the k8 screws for the tuniq u use the amd socket 939 bracket, but be very carefull, its very easy to brea, i broke mine when instaling it on my 4000+ and i was doing it as the instructions directed, but the intel instal is very easy, anyway be carefull with your md bracket dotn break it.

UPDATE:

CHECK THIS **** OUT!!!!! I must be the dumbest first PC builder in the world!

ok so the Tuniq, supports AM2, right? well turns out a part i over looked n didnt know how to use IS for AM2, which will work with my mobo.

their is a wavy shape metal thing that goes under the heatsink, between the copper pipes, which clips onto both sides of the bracket.........IM SUPPOSE TO USE THAT!!!! I'm gonna put it on n get my computer up n running pronto!!

UPDATE 2:

there! It's mounted! I'm gonna hook it all up again n start it.

hey hey hey!! If you don't mind a refurbished one, the typhoon is $18 or so shipped here

Edit: you can cancel newegg orders even right? even if they've shipped you can just refuse the package i think.
Edit #2 Nvm haha you found the wavy thing :p

let me get a camera n post what i mean. I never ordered anything yet. I forgot to mention that.

dude the Tuniq was ****ing hard to put on. I put on like a 2 rice of MX-2 on the CPU n the Tuniq kept on moving it, so i had to put like a rice more on it n this time i didnt move it as much.

here is the part i was talking about:

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

UPDATE:

i modified the side case n put it to the top, because the side window wouldnt fit because of the huge Tuniq. Instead, i added an exhaust 92mm fan from my old case n put it on the side window.

oh n i will be making a new thread tomorrow. I'm currently installing Windows Vista Ultimate OEM. Good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom