Using and ATi videocard with a nVidia chipset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
So this is basically a general question, and it can work both ways. Because right now I'm using an nVidia chipset motherboard with an ati videocard, but soon I'm going to be getting an AMD 700 series motherboard and I was going to get an 8800gt 256mb and i was wondering if that will be bad since the graphics card is nvidia but the chipset is powered by ati? I know this is a common thing, but what do you guys think about it?

I was starting to think though after that when i do get and amd 700 series mobo that I'd just get an hd3850 instead because its only $143 at bestbuy and it would save me a lot of money and its pretty much on par with the 8800gt 256mb.

well what motherboard are you getting? a crossfire 700 or just a single PCI-Express? If single, go w/e card you want. If its a crossfire motherboard then i suggest any ATI card for future crossfire upgrade from your single card ur getting now.

you'll be fine if using just one card but if you're doing an sli/crossfire set up then your motherboard will have to have the specific chipset for the cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom