Q6600 G0 running TOOOOO HOT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
hey guys,
i finally got my q6600 and installed it with a tuniq tower 120.
My case is a CM-690 and i have 2 intake fans(bottom next to psu, and front)
and 2 exhausts(one on back and one right ontop of tuniq.

My cpu on stock is idling around 45 and on orthos load it went upto 75 in less than a minute so i stopped it right away.

My tuniq is pretty tightly attached on my mobo, so whats goin on here?
why are my temps so hot?
i know that the as5 hasnt kicked in yet, but it shouldnt be this hot.
Plss help.
thanks.

shouldnt have to lap ur cpu to get lower than 45.. i'm running 42 idle right now on stock cooler.. w/ 0 fans on it.. it just sits on my desk, the tuniq may be mounted wrong, or you could have put the paste on incorrectly... either way, let it sit overnight idling so the paste has time to spread around then check your temps again, if they're still bad.. then you definitely should try reseating and reapplying thermal paste

well i applied the as5 across like the pic on the website showed.
and i mounted the tuniq the same way i had done before...
Man...this sucksss.
arghhh!!!!
And i hate this tu niq since its HUUUGE...its so hard putting this thing on..
well i guess ill wait untill tomorrow morning.

id try applying the as5 with the 'drop method' (how u place a blob on the middle and put on the cpu cooler). cant really go wrong with that method, whereas if you try spread it around, you could end up with dust particles/grit/air pockets etc - much more suspectible to error.

do the line method. and make sure you keep the fan at 100% otherwise its not going to cool worth a crap.

mine idles near room temp, and went no more than 35* on stock speeds.

well if i max out the tuniqs fan the fan goes to 2000 rpm and its LOUDDDD . so i set it at 1000.

And what way should I have the tuniq?
is there only one way?
Its chilli in my basement since i live in mn, although we usually have the room heated.
NOw my temps are like 31-35 idle, but i know that wont stay like that since its like 65 degrees in my room and it will go up once i have the heater on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom