Computer shuts down when to cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmc919

Solid State Member
This started happening about 2weeks ago, The computer would loadup XP to the desktop and would be fine if i didnt do anything. But if i start a game or even start IE it would freeze for a second and then shut down, then i would have a problem trying to get it to load to the desktop, it would shut down while loading the OS or even while doing the quick memtest in the bios. The XP install was about 3years old so i decided to reformat. I still have the same problem. I've check all the temps and they are ok. cpu and gpu around 50C. Also if I let it sit for about 15min and then try running any program i won't have a problem, I've started to just leave to comp on for days, infear that it wont boot up again.

so any idea why i have this problem only when the comp has been off for a few hours and had time to cool off, If I just restart it I wont have this problem. but if i turn it off for a few hours then it will start doing this

Maybe try cleaning out all the dust and running a virus scan?

not much dust but i'll clean it out, and i already reformated the comp and it's doing it in the bios screen as well, wouldn't think a virus would be able to affect that.

I kind of think that you should have the power supply tested. Dont ask why but it I just do.

it's a 450W that came with the cheap case, I guess i'll go ahead and by the PSU that i was lookin at for my new comp. If that fixes it then i'll by another cheap one for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom