Best Nvidia Video Card from newegg under 125 Shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
no man, your right I dont know what Im talking about, I guess I just read the REVIEWS by EXPERTS who do it for a LIVING and Ive only seen them in USE being used to PLAY games like bioshock, crysis, COD4 and timeshift, and in every case but crysis they ran the game at FULL graphics in directx10 with no problem whatsoever, and it ran crysis at medium to full. the specifications of any 8600 are far better then any 1950. so maybe you should give the card an honest look, instead of saying it sucks just cuz your so pro ATI. I mean serious, Im an diehard ATI fan myself, I will never buy the 8600, In fact im saving for their new 3870, but to be honest the 8600 is NOT a bad card.

lol!

There are so many things wrong with what you just said.

1) Tomshardware is not just some random review site that no one has ever heard of...

In fact, SHOW me these "REVIEWS by EXPERTS" where the 8600 has an edge on the x1950

2) Sure you can play games in DX10 at full settings, but it will be a slideshow...

3) I'm not just saying it sucks because I'm "so pro ATI". I've had tons of nvidia cards in the past including an 8800GTS. I'm saying it sucks because the card has a 128bit memory interface which severely cripples gaming potential.

4) The 8600 may not be a bad card for playing older games like Quake 4 and WoW, but if you plan to do any dx10 gaming or want to max modern games out then you are sadly mistaken.

The 8600 is a touch better than the 7600 with DX10 added in (not that it helps anything). while it IS new architecture, it is still mid-range. The X16xx would be around the 8600, maybe a bit under it. The X19xx 9especailly the X1950's) are much better than the 8600, even the 8600GTS. Tom's is pro-Nvidia, so their benchies against ATI are solid as they can make them.

I lean toward ATI due to them being able to Fold. Both ATI and Nvidia get the job done. The newest gen cards from both are awesome.

Why do some people say that the 8600 has an edge over the x1950pro just because it has DX10? That's probably one of the most absurd things I've ever heard of. Why do you people think that everyone is trying to build Crysis systems with big cards like 8800 and 2900s ect? Because cards like the 8600 will not run Crysis enjoyably at all in DX10 mode. Therefore, the fact that the 8600 runs DX10 does not justify buying it over an x1950...at all.

I feel like there has to be a catch somewhere. Wouldn't the interface slow it down?

I thought the same same thing when I read that review but my brother ended up buying the card in the link I posted and it seems to perform how the benchmarks said it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom