random win xp questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For good wallpaper pics, why not just use Google image search? That's what I do. Just type in "beach" or something in the image section of google and pick out a nice image that is a decent resolution. That way you don't have to install anything and there will be no viruses. Your just dealing with a jpg or something.

For good wallpaper pics, why not just use Google image search? That's what I do. Just type in "beach" or something in the image section of google and pick out a nice image that is a decent resolution. That way you don't have to install anything and there will be no viruses. Your just dealing with a jpg or something.

while we're at it does anyone know of any good sites for good desktop backgrounds? ive tried googling on and off for years but havent come across as anything awesome yet. i want some nice beach backgrounds or tropical paradises. i saw some good thumbnails on webshots but when you open them they're no where as nice as they appear when minimized.

;)

And torrents are safe...just have to read the comments, because usually torrent communities are very good in letting others know if its a bad torrent. And the files in the download from the torrent could be in JPG as well =P.

@carnageX

There's a huge difference between doing a plain google web search, and using their image search function. Some people don't realize you can do that. I've never had any trouble finding any kind of picture I want doing that. In fact I tried searching for "beach" and "bahamas" and I found plenty of great pictures that would make good wallpapers.

@carnageX

There's a huge difference between doing a plain google web search, and using their image search function. Some people don't realize you can do that. I've never had any trouble finding any kind of picture I want doing that. In fact I tried searching for "beach" and "bahamas" and I found plenty of great pictures that would make good wallpapers.

that good if you want a few pictures I got a few pictures of 3 rivers that way. but it sucks if you want a lot as most pictures are low res

that good if you want a few pictures I got a few pictures of 3 rivers that way. but it sucks if you want a lot as most pictures are low res

Actually, I just found out that after you do an image search, right between the search bar at the top and the results thumnails, there is a combobox that says "Images: showing." If you choose "Large images," it will filter out everything except the images that are suitable for wallpapers. I've also found that if you include the word "wallpaper" in your image search, it filters out a lot of crap.

After making these discoveries, I definitely hold that using Google Image search is the best way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom