*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

ya i've got my scythe ninja laying around, imma buy the retention brackets for it soon and just live off of that for a bit

with your GTS Overclocked that high can it really past the artifact test for at least an hour set on the highest artifact detection sensitivity? What are the max temps and how long can it go before it gets errors. Some pics are appreciated. Also can it past 12 hours of prime95 torture test in addition to the Orthos test?

with your GTS Overclocked that high can it really past the artifact test for at least an hour set on the highest artifact detection sensitivity? What are the max temps and how long can it go before it gets errors. Some pics are appreciated. Also can it past 12 hours of prime95 torture test in addition to the Orthos test?

If I bump it down a little bit to around 770 it can pass without any artifacts at all. Max temps on the CPU are around 68 (Pushing it, I know.. but I don't usually have it at full load :p) Not sure on the graphics card but its well within normal levels.

Nos, I know what you mean. I thought about upgrading to a TRUE or Tuniq but I just love how this thing looks in my case :cool:

haha ya, i love the look of the zalman heatsinks, i used to have the black 9700 for my e6600 and i loved that thing... it all depends on how this ninja goes i guess

I'll be posting pictures of my rig finally tomorrow after I finish up my etching project. It's going to look pretty bad ***.

It's one thing to have a high score, it's another to do it with style.

Yup yup, doesn't do jack for crysis though.
I think Crysis is one of the few games (currently) that really needs 512MB video memory to run well.

One question, do i have to have the box "apply overclocking at windows startup" in rivatuner for my clocks to remain that high? Like will it default back to stock if that not checked? I have it checked right now.
yes.

I think Crysis is one of the few games (currently) that really needs 512MB video memory to run well.

yes.

Yeah i noticed that, once i start working again ill either pick up a 512mb 8800gt, or wait to see what the 9 series brings, only game im playing right now is cod4 anyways, and that runs perfectly maxed out.

CoD4 also benefits from 512mb if you like eyecandy. According to rivatuner it uses 340mb of video memory at only 1440x900 (less than 1280x1024) with all settings on high and 6x AA 16x AF

I'm pretty sure that almost every new game coming out will benefit greatly from 512mb+

Back
Top Bottom