need help buying a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJC

Baseband Member
I recently bought a 6000+ AMD2 Windsor CPU board and ballistics ram. Now it seems I need to get a new video card. I have been playing oblivion, and after modding it with Qarl's tex pack my X1900XT wants to overheat. So what would be a good replacement? I need at least 512 RAM on the video card.

I'd like to save money if possible, but I was just curious what would be good options. My X1900XT runs crazy hot and loud now. So any suggestions would be helpful.

Hmm ok 269 bucks lol man I have basically replaced my whole computer.

Oh and my X1900XT got to like 75 degrees hot. And it's freakin noisy too.

That is not hot for the X1900XTX....It will handle that with no problem......not sure about your noise problem

Noise would have to be the fan so a aftermarket hsf would probably be the cheapest solution since you have a decent card already.

Well I don't mind spending the money for a new card like the GT. But I just wanted to make sure it was worth it. Is 250 dollars going to get me a big improvement over my current card?

And so, if I keep the X1900XT, is it easy to install a after market cooling device? Right now I have two 120mm fans, one on the from and one in the rear. I also have a bracket cooler, sucking in air and blowing it on the the X1900XT. I also went through and tidied up the wires and cords inside for better airflow. Seems to be doing better.

But I reduced the Qarl texuture pack but by 75% so that it would run smoother, I am afraid to install the high resolution stuff again, as that is when I got a temp warning from ATI panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom