Overclocking question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok heres the update. I started from 300x8 and started going up very slowly (4-5mhz at a time) I set to divider at 1:1 and 1.8v and am at stock voltage.. when I hit my first error I put memory up to 2.0v, it was fine, got up to 313x8 2.50ghz, and after that I hit problems.

I tried 315x8 with the same 1:1 divider, and within 15 seconds of prime95 I get errors on both cores. I tried upping it to 2.1v, same thing. So now my question is, now what? I tried to put it at 667 to set the divider at 4:5 which in theory should be 394Mhz and in my mind should work but it doesnt I get a blue screen memory dump before I get to desktop, and I dont when its 1:1..

now my question is does this mean its time to up CPU voltage? I also tried upping from 1.325v to 1.35v and for some reason in speedfan it shows vcore1 1.34v, vcore2 1.28v... why would my 2nd core be less voltage?

Anywho I am done for tonight. I am going to run prime95 all night on 313x8 to make sure its stable at 2.5ghz, but other than that really hoping to figure out how to get past this threshold ;P

Higach, I am kinda new to Overclocking too, but I've been able to hit 3Ghz Stable (9hrs PRIME & Orthos), with my E6400 @ 1.3 Vcore (Set in Motherboard), but read @ 1.272Vcore by CPUZ. But we do have different motherboards........... I can try and help you, although I am kinda new, but I spent A LOT of hours reading up on overclocking before I started myself. I think you should start with updating your BIOS first.

I'm not sure about your 2 different Vcores............. but I think the next step is 6-6-6-18.............. I've never loosened my timings past 5-5-5-15..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom