<MAn claims 40GHz computer with quad GTx's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not read his response?* He uses a GT XXX 512 in that single slot space.

*yes that was sarcasm

Oh will we give it a rest already?

Crap like this happens all the time, if people are too ignorant to realize this guy (And many others) is full of crap then they only have themselves to blame, and deserve to have wasted their money.

{sarcasm}I'd still take that m0b0 tho. btw he can use 4x8800GTX's in SLI or Crossfire, so maybe he is using them in quad crossfire not qud sli ;){/sarcasm}

He would need to use atleast 2 watercooled GTX's because both bottom slots are single slots.

He seriously DOES NOT have this pc running, nor does he have the parts. It's hilarious.

Why wouldn't you be more professional and conservative and allow the buyer to choose their own case etc if you were trying to land a 14K deal?

I mean seriously, the only way you'd sell the thing is if you came flat out and said, "We can build you a dream pc, just tell us what you want, or choose from the list of parts available" etc.

Not "zomfg!! *flashy colors* Pewters!! fastest pc ever built in the world (of my basment) buy this now. It' has a bijllion of everything but the inconsistencies are even MORE numerous!"

Perhaps he already has the case and is just going to put bricks in it to give it weight when shipped to the winning moron :p

To be perfectly honest, he sounds like a young guy, trying to get rich quick, and build an incredible piece of hardware at the same time.

We all "wish" we could do this, and get our hands on these insane parts, even if just to assemble them. But we have more class, education, and professionalism than this guy would ever have trying to make it in the pc building business. His audacity and ignorant enthusiasm irritates us outrageously.

Like if some new guy came into your work and asked for a raise after the first week by simply walking into the boss' office, when everyone knows he doesn't deserve it, nor is that right way to go about things.

You got the get rich quick part right. He's blatently lying about the computer. Many of the things he is saying are completely false and/or entire impossible to do.

You got the get rich quick part right. He's blatently lying about the computer. Many of the things he is saying are completely false and/or entire impossible to do.

His ignorance and excitment overlooks the reality of the hardware.

Including:

non-existent items (dual format Blu-ray/HDDVD burners don't exist)
mismatched items (GT's with GTX's won't work together)
too many items (4 cards when only Tri-SLI will work)
inconsistent items (descriptions vary on same item)
voided items (soldering cards together will viod warranty and definitely not work)
assumed items (5GHz is a steep overclock, even on water)
misleading items (40GHz but truly still only 5GHz overall speed)
inadequate items (what ATX PSU on EARTH can handle 8GB, dual 5GHz quads, 4 GTXs, watercooling and 2 HDDs? That's nearly 2kw)

I sent him an e-mail with allll of the errors on his page in a nice neat fasion.

Then I called him a blatant scammer, and that he must remove the auction or be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom