Xmas $$$ upgrades =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya buy another 2gb for vista and save the rest for 9 series sometime mid-2008

with your system you should be able to hold off till then ;)
you could probably sell your gtx for $450 in 4 months and get SLI 9 series :-0

now that would be sweet. I'll probably do that. I was hoping to get some goodies now but I guess there isnt anything thats really worth it right now :/ oh well

You don't really understand the audio stuff do you. your average onboard audio doesn't become better just because you run it through the bose speakers. All that is doing is making it louder. crappy onboard is still crappy onboard. A set of $600 speakers doesn't change it.

If you got a x-fi, you would be taking full advantage of your speakers.

Not to mention, any PCI audio card will take a good amount of strain off of the CPU, which processes onboard audio. Even a cheap Sound Blaster Audigy SE will be much better than the best onboard Realtek audio.

Then again if he has high end speakers, he'll probably want something from the X-Fi series. Way more features than any audigy out there. And yeah Ferrari, the only thing your reciever does is route sound to your speakers and give your speakers power. Your onboard sound is still doing the sound processing, which I don't see how you can live with it. I'd loose my mind if I had to go back to realtek AC97 with my Z-5500. But seriously, get an X-Fi Xtrememusic if you can find it, or any other X-Fi with Entertainment mode, because it will literally double your bass and your highs will be out the cieling.

hmmm wow i guess i really don't have a clue about audio haha. I searched around and I found an extrememusic on magnum-pc.com for $108, is that a reasonable deal? I always thought my speakers sounded pretty good but if what you say is true Ralli, it will sound amazing.

Bose speakers/subs are my personal favorite.

P.S. Can you check out my build? I'm wanting to buy it tonight. Thanks

The price for that Xtrememusic sounds about right. I got mine from newegg a year ago for about $90, but that was during the Haloween sale.

You don't really understand the audio stuff do you. your average onboard audio doesn't become better just because you run it through the bose speakers. All that is doing is making it louder. crappy onboard is still crappy onboard. .
no no no no no
onboard would sound a lot better through 2.1 of the most expensive bose than x-230's
but i agree with his budget an x-fi would definatly be worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom