processor zapped??

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimmypageisgod said:
OH.. noob question, on the top of my processor there is a small rectangle. i thought it was the heatsink for the processor but i wasn't shure, anyway a little bit of the rectangle has been broken off. i was wondering if this was actully the heatsink of the cpu.

No that's not the hinksink. Sounds more like an actual part of the CPU. How in the hell you (or your friend) managed to do that, i don't know... more than likely that CPU is dead.

yes thats the proccessor, not the heat sink.. heat sinks are big, typically likea 2in square aluminium thing that gets harnessed to the top of the proccessor. typically looks pointy like a fork and has a fan on top of it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
im confused though.... u said...(temp gauge thing from my Tt fan on the bottem of the processor) ....how do u get anything to the bottom of the proccessor, wen the pins totally suround the inside? did u have like a wire sqweezed inbetween the pins?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
note- u can fry components just from static electricity. like moving around ona rug, then touching the pins. u should never touch the pins. the pc case is ground, to get rid of any static.

Well if something is broken off of the top of that then you are out of luck. Yeah ^^he's right, just keep touching metal when putting together a comp. I have built quite a few and never needed an anti-static band. Im pretty sure that you need to RMA the CPU back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom