Antec Nine Hundred Core2Duo Build Log... (56k, grab a snickers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOT TOO SHABBY!!!! Just put speedfan on the computer... assuming that the temps are CORRECT, this isn't bad at all.... BOTH cores at 100% utilization, and here it is:

[EDIT] I should note that ALL the case fans are set to LOW speed, and ambient house temp is 21*C (70*F)..... [/EDIT]

stockclockloadtemps.jpg

NOT TOO SHABBY!!!! Just put speedfan on the computer... assuming that the temps are CORRECT, this isn't bad at all.... BOTH cores at 100% utilization, and here it is:

[EDIT] I should note that ALL the case fans are set to LOW speed, and ambient house temp is 21*C (70*F)..... [/EDIT]

stockclockloadtemps.jpg

wow those temps are pretty good, NOW GO OVERCLOCK!!! Dude do you have Crossfire, because on GPU-Z its giving you the option to enable Crossfire... but It kinda sucks that your amazing system is getting pulled down by that x1950xt

No, no crossfire yet... I was thinking about getting another 1950XT, but the thing is, it is dated already. SO, once I get my bonus in March, and income tax return around the same time (IC return gonna be SWEET.... get to itemize because of the house for a juicy return!) I will be paying off bills first with it... Once they are paid down, I can save up for new desk, and new display setup, from dual GPU high end ATI solution, to new monitor or monitors. :D

No, no crossfire yet... I was thinking about getting another 1950XT, but the thing is, it is dated already. SO, once I get my bonus in March, and income tax return around the same time (IC return gonna be SWEET.... get to itemize because of the house for a juicy return!) I will be paying off bills first with it... Once they are paid down, I can save up for new desk, and new display setup, from dual GPU high end ATI solution, to new monitor or monitors. :D

can I buy your x1950xt after then? cuz I'll have enough cash by then :)

If I get a chance to snag a 38xx, I'll sell you mine at a good price, Vern.

I found out that those speed fan temps I posted a screen shot of were about 15* C too cold.... I adjusted speedfan for now, and 25-30*C is their idle temp, case fans still on low.

Ok, so....... this overclocking thing is really bugging me.... I tried in the little time I had before work this morning to do some overclocking. I left the multiplier at 8x, and changed the FSB to 375, giving an OC of 3.0Ghz on the E6570. It booted into windows but froze after a minute. I restarted, and changed FSB to 350, and it froze before booting into windows. I then lowered it to 266, (because that is what it was set to in the BIOS before I upped it to 375.

So yeah... does anyone have a link to an "Overclocking for Morons" guide? I used the one in the Tom's Hardware forums, and didn't like it. It was more geared towards the Award BIOS, which I don't have.

I cant believe how cheap the 8800gt's have gotten. You can pick up a 256mb one for 200 flat.

I kinda wanted to go the crossfire route but that **** card is just so tempting, and the xfx one has a black pcb too!!

And my mobo supports both sli and crossfire, off the record of course :p

Ok, so....... this overclocking thing is really bugging me.... I tried in the little time I had before work this morning to do some overclocking. I left the multiplier at 8x, and changed the FSB to 375, giving an OC of 3.0Ghz on the E6570. It booted into windows but froze after a minute. I restarted, and changed FSB to 350, and it froze before booting into windows. I then lowered it to 266, (because that is what it was set to in the BIOS before I upped it to 375.

So yeah... does anyone have a link to an "Overclocking for Morons" guide? I used the one in the Tom's Hardware forums, and didn't like it. It was more geared towards the Award BIOS, which I don't have.

That processor is locked right? You cant change the multiplier?
now I just started OCing, so I dont know if this is good advice (help me out here guys), What is your voltage? Put it on auto until you get to a speed you want, then you can start to change that around. That is what I did to get my e6600 running at a very cool 3.0ghz (30C idle, 55load, I am gonna up it to 3.2 if I can)

So play around with your voltages, or put them on auto, which from what I know will be higher than it needs to be, and then you should have the juice to run it higher speeds. That is my two cents, is that good advice guys?

Unless im much mistaken we have a fairly detailed how to guide in the overclocking section. Other than that, take a look at xtremesystems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom