No Master IDE H.D.D. found...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Yo! Finally got mobo back. Pc up and runnign again. So far lookin like that blasted problems gone. WC is shipped and on its way. Everything's running as smooth as butter now. 'Cept for one little pesky lump.

On bootup, after post and all that jazz, it print's:

"No Master IDE H.D.D found!

Press F1 to continue"

and thats it. I hit f1 and it boots normally. I was just wondering why its saying that, and is there something I can turn off so that it doesn't say that? I took a quick look around the BIOS but didn't find anythign right off. I don't have Any IDE hardware. All SATA.

I had a sata HD the last time as well and didn't get this error. But was running IDE DVD writer.

It's only a minor nuissance but if someone knows anything it'd be cool. I like to leave my PC while installing huge things that take 30 min, and have the PC restart on its own. So i'd like to not have to punch F1 every time.

Looks like it is looking for an IDE HDD from BIOS. Need to go into BIOS and disable it. Check the boot sequence also. Somewhere in the Bios it is set to look for and IDE HDD.

ic. I'll look around for that halt on errors thing. Boot sequence was first thing I looked at. its fine. thanks guys

lmao. well got the error reporting thing turned off. And before I wen't in to even look for it ****ed overclocking failed thing popped back up again ffs.

I figured maybe vcore was too low for the crappy cpu so bumped it up one notch. then the pc wouldnt post lol. had to clear cmos and frig for a while and got it running again. now i've gotta sort through the miriad of problems clearing the CMOS caused me.

This mobo is going right in the trash can.

I'll gamble on an evga 780i thursday.

pos

edit~ sry for double post. didn't bother going through to read my own thread again and hit reply >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom