*How much* Stress Testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOB...One of my threads caught an an error last night two hours after I started it. I then upped the voltage again this morning at 8am, started again, when back to sleep. It caught an error just one hour into it. Is it just coicidence that even though I'm upping voltages a little bit, it sometimes can't last as long under stress? Or should I disregard this because my vcore is still considerably low?

note: Although my stupid "dominator" ram is dominating at a low 800mhz still, I did tighten the timings from 5-5-5-15 to 4-4-4-12 recently. Can this increase the likelihood of failing stress tests? But heck, its certified to run 4-4-4-12 at 800 out of the box, surely this isn't an issue...

when i wnated to oc from 3.3 to 3.43(my max) i had to looses timings to 5 5 5 15.
try that and see what happens.
and what do you have your voltage at right now?make sure it doesnt go too high.

My voltage is 1.4v. I'll leave it there while it's low and loosen my RAM timings again. My temps look great atm. Gotta love the Tuniq. Because even as I increase my vcore, I now can't go 15min without getting errors.

Ok I loosened the timings while remaining at 1.4vcore and I couldn't last one minute. So now I'm at 1.425 and I'm hoping that I've hit a sweet spot. It's been going for half an hour now. Unfortunatly, I'm going to have to leave within an hour and won't be back until tomorrow. But if it can last another hour, I'll know I've made some good progress.

Ok I loosened the timings while remaining at 1.4vcore and I couldn't last one minute. So now I'm at 1.425 and I'm hoping that I've hit a sweet spot. It's been going for half an hour now. Unfortunatly, I'm going to have to leave within an hour and won't be back until tomorrow. But if it can last another hour, I'll know I've made some good progress.

welll my cpu cant get past 3.43, so dont exepct yours to work.

If it doesnt, i would try lowering your clocks try 3.4 first and see if that passes, then go up little my little.

I have the e6600 as well, and while I am only running at 3000 mhz right now, it kept failing. So, I upped my ram from 800 to 900 at 5-5-5-15 ( I loosened them up when I first started to OC) and I passed my tests just fine. I did that because I read somewhere that ram could be a bottleneck, is this true? Try upping your ram speeds, they should be just fine, and try to test that. And I really hope you can get yours up to these high speeds because I want to get mine up this high :-D

Sometimes stuff just goes **** up. I think Ste was talking about his e6600 trouble. He was rock stable at 3.4, then about a month into it he couldn't even keep it at 3.2 no matter what the voltage.

Well, I went an hour and a half stress testing with 0 problems. As I stated before, I had to interrupt it because I'm at my dad's now for the next day or two. My Ram just won't boot at 1000mhz. It's the next lowest option besides 800. I'm still running 5-5-5-15, and I'm putting 2.2v through it, up from the 1.8v default. The max that the Dominator series can handle under warranty is 2.4, so I'll try that and see if it will boot after I'm sure that my cpu is stable.

Krazyq, I'm pretty sure I can get my C2D to 3.6ghz. It's probably harder to get a q6600 to 3.6 than a e6600. I'm sure my issue is just the vcore possibly being not quite high enough, although it did run at 1.425 for 1.5 hours, and I'm hoping it will run for eight. I read up on other people with e6600s, and some of them have to put 1.45-1.55v through theirs, so I've got some headroom.

Krazyq, I'm pretty sure I can get my C2D to 3.6ghz. It's probably harder to get a q6600 to 3.6 than a e6600. I'm sure my issue is just the vcore possibly being not quite high enough, although it did run at 1.425 for 1.5 hours, and I'm hoping it will run for eight. I read up on other people with e6600s, and some of them have to put 1.45-1.55v through theirs, so I've got some headroom.

i still have the e6550.
my q6600 should be coming in today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom