Hyper Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to admit . . .

before, me and my family were VERY intel biased . . .

just in the people in my house . . .

dad - centrino laptop

mom - centrino laptop

sis - celeron laptop, p4 desktop

me - p4 laptop, pII desktop (that i threw away last year :()

not to mention the 8+ intels in my dads offices . . .

but the programming he does in his office requires a lot of power, and a friend of his got him to go with an athlon xp, and even he admits that the xp is faster than the p4s he has . . .

I wasn't trying to pick a fight or anything. I just love to pick people's brains and questioning their comments is a good way to do that. I like to call this constructive criticism. I have something to admit as well. The PC in my signature isn't completely built yet! Actually I'm running the following system:

AMD Duron 750mhz 133mhz FSB
640MB PC133 SDRAM
eVGA GeForce FX 5700LE with 256MB DDR
Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
1x120GB HDD
1x80GB HDD
1x20GB HDD
Windows XP Pro
Direct X 9.0b

AquaMark3 score: 12,694
3DMark: 1624

All I have left to do is add the RAM to the new system and it will be ready. I ordered the parts online. So pretty much what I'm saying is that I've never even tried HT on an Intel. All I know is what I've read. Actually I never did say I actually ran one, just stated that people need to get the facts before posting that one is better than the other. That was my original intent. To get people to post constructively. Sorry if there was any confusion in my posts.

y do u need thre 160GB HD and a 80GB harddrive... i think have a bunch of harddrives is retarded... but thats just me i guess, 2 is the most harddrives someone should have.. unless ur gonna do alot of video editing... but still.. thats alot of harddrives man, thatll cost alot of extra cash.. i say u just get 2, 250GB harddrives.

I'll ignore the "retarded" remark and pretend your comment made sense. First of all, the way I have it set up it will show up at 2 hard drives on the OS (1x80GB and 1x480GB). Secondly, there is nothing wrong with extra space, I purchased a larger case to support and cool these extra drives. The 3x160GB HDDs are on RAID 0, this means when I load a file from these drives each drive will be loading a section of the file. This enhances HDD I/O speeds tramendously. With that said I'll give you a chance to restate your remark. Thanks.

EDIT:

I also want to remark that it's not that much more money. 1x80GB Western Digital HDD costs $64.75 + 3x160GB Maxtors @ $98.25/drive = $359.50 for 540GB Total. 2x250GB Maxtor HDDs @ $200/drive = $400.00 for only 500GB. So actually my setup is FASTER, LARGER and CHEAPER. As I said, restate your comment lol.

but its pointless.. but again, thats my opinion... 2 , 250GB Harddrives should be good enough, but thats ur PC.. so do what u want with it.. with the money ur sendin on all the harddrives.. u could buy a better graphics card, or another stick of 512MB RAM

ur sayin havin TWO 250GB Harddrives isnt extra space... thats 500GB of total space... thats ALOT!!

again... 500GB of space... if thats not enough... then id like to know WTH your doin on ur PC that takes up 500GB of space!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom