The Tech Forums Official Crysis [Warhead] GPU Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Tech Forums Official Crysis GPU Benchmark Thread

*Updated*

If you want your score in there put it in the correct format.

Also, the 7950gx2 does indeed use SLI. There's even an SLI bridge there if you look.

*Updated*

If you want your score in there put it in the correct format.

Also, the 7950gx2 does indeed use SLI. There's even an SLI bridge there if you look.

Nawh, I know it has the ability for SLI, what I'm saying is if you have one 7950GX2, you don't neccesarily have SLI, you have a dual-gpu card, two gpus on one board. The guy said that someone told him if he put another one in there he'd have quad-sli, which obviously means that at the moment he only has one card.

What I'm saying is if you have a SINGLE 7950gx2 it's still running in SLI. They are 2 PCB's with an SLI bridge designed to fit in a single PCI-E 16x slot.

Even if they were on the same PCB it would still be SLI, just like the 3870x2 will use a Crossfire bridge chip.

What I'm saying is if you have a SINGLE 7950gx2 it's still running in SLI. They are 2 PCB's with an SLI bridge designed to fit in a single PCI-E 16x slot.

Even if they were on the same PCB it would still be SLI, just like the 3870x2 will use a Crossfire bridge chip.

awh k, my bad, totally my misunderstanding, that's good to know, I really had no clue :)

So basically that guy doesn't have SLI support under Crysis, so it's like he's running one single 7950GT? That blows. I always assumed that two-gpu-one-board was a lot more efficient than two cards in SLI and that it used some kind of other method to make use of two GPUs, but I guess I was wrong.

Crysis sucks when it comes to SLI as noted by my loss of frames when enabled.

Yo guru, you should uppen the compression quality on the JPEG, or use PNG file type instead, just a suggestion ;)

By the way, I put my vote in for a sticky :D

done.

And yeah, it would be great if this was stickied since Crysis will be stressing hardware for quite a long time to come. :)

Also, I made it so that the first post doesn't need to be edited ever so the mods don't have to update the thread. (permanent image link, replaceable file on photobucket)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom