Okay guys so I'm in a dilema...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol then I'll just have to buy some new stuff. I'm going to keep the same components i have new, but just get a new mobo and cpu combo. but if they do all four sell then i can use my athlon 64 3000 s939 and my gigabyte s939 mobo. If the phenom sells though ill be making like an $80 profit for what i bought it for.

hey BiG, you might want to take out the "unlocked multiplier" from your listing...that would lead folks to believe that they can raise it...
probably you cant because you already have bids. good job on the price and bids you will have no problem selling it.
isnt the max multi on the 6400 x16 (which is stock)?
i could be wrong, but that is what i always thought.
loads of people were ****ed when they bought the 6400 thinking they were going to bump the multi to x17 for 3.4...
or did your chip/mobo allow you to raise it to 17?
from what i know/heard (which, by far, isnt everything), none allow that.

lol how'd you find my listing?, but anyways, yeah I'm pretty sure you can raise the multiplier higher than 16, but my mobo only shows a multi up to 15x in bios, but if it leave it on stock its set to 16. I thought other mobo's could raise it past 16, but not sure. On Tigerdirect's site they say "unlocked multiplier" in their description. But nagasama, do you think my phenom price is too high? no one is bidding yet. Now since my 6400 is up for sale though with actual bidders, if the phenom doesn't sell, i might just keep it, and eventually look for an AM2+ motherboard. by the way, I'm hardhitta42 on ebay

yeah i saw the listing for the phenom too...lol i looked for a phenom and a 6400 both for sale from someone from cali...detective nagasama :)
i wouldnt worry actually about the 6400 listing, since you have bids and it will sell. but, just for reference i am almost certain that the multi for the 6400 cannot be raised past 16, no matter the mobo.
tigerdirect has a mis-leading advert, if that is the case. no big deal.
may have a little trouble selling the phenom for that much. i'd keep it maybe if it was me, or lower the price considerably...lol try and get what you paid for it though.

yeah since the mobo is selling for at least $52.00 now, that means i could break even if i sold the phenom for no lower than $188 lol, but If i can't sell it for over $200 then I'm just going to keep it and get an AM2+ motherboard. I might drop the price to $220

So I just sold my x2 6400, someone offered to pay me $150 plus $10 shipping, so I think i did pretty well on that. As for the biostar mobo i'm currently using i tried setting it up with my phenom but it wouldn;t even post. So i popped out the ECS mobo and I figure I'm just goign to use this for now. I even got a small OC on my phenom already: 2.5ghz. Now i gotta change my sig and start running some more tests lol.

ocphenom.jpg

noice noice....check our AMD thread i had some requests for ya.
is that stock voltage?
hmm 228 clock on the ECS mobo probably equals about 250+ on one of the high dollar mobos.
maybe. lol the ECS may be the best overclocker of them all, not too many reviews on any of the mobos.

**** I spoke too soon nagasama, Now its starting to get unstable, but I think it's because its getting too hot, 42 C in bios. and i have to re apply my AS5 on it, im not sure if its this mobo, or if its just that since this is new technology in general so it still has all the bugs, but as for the performance I noticed a pretty good difference when using a bunch of programs at once. Like itunes, photoshop, and nero dvd burning. I'm going to run some 3d mark again, but last time my score was low because of my video card i think, it was only like 3000.

One thing that is affecting it though is that when i changed to this motherboard and cpu i didnt reformat or do a fresh install of xp, i just installed the current drivers and that's it. How bad is that? lol

**** I spoke too soon nagasama, Now its starting to get unstable, but I think it's because its getting too hot, 42 C in bios. and i have to re apply my AS5 on it, im not sure if its this mobo, or if its just that since this is new technology in general so it still has all the bugs, but as for the performance I noticed a pretty good difference when using a bunch of programs at once. Like itunes, photoshop, and nero dvd burning. I'm going to run some 3d mark again, but last time my score was low because of my video card i think, it was only like 3000.

One thing that is affecting it though is that when i changed to this motherboard and cpu i didnt reformat or do a fresh install of xp, i just installed the current drivers and that's it. How bad is that? lol

quite bad, if you change the motherboard, that may cause instability if you didn't reinstall, if its a CPU, no harm done, the BIOS will recognize it immediately, but thats a huge no no, I think that maybe your stability issue, so you could go further for all you knew

quite bad, if you change the motherboard, that may cause instability if you didn't reinstall, if its a CPU, no harm done, the BIOS will recognize it immediately, but thats a huge no no, I think that maybe your stability issue, so you could go further for all you knew

yeah lol, you know what the funny thing is, just about 2 months ago my friend told me that he got a new core 2 duo upgraded from a p4 2.5 and he told me he kept his harddrive and didn't reinstall and i was like "dude, that's hella bad" lol, and now myself I just try to get by doing it. It's because right now my friend is borrowing my xp cd, so i thought i could get away qwith it, btu once i get everything setup i'll give you guys some legit results. I have a cd key, but do you guys know where i can get a copy of xp free on the internet or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom