new CPU in Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

kur0suto

Baseband Member
I got the 8800GTS 512 on release date and it's playing some games fine but not as good as it's suppose to be. Most likely due to my 3.0 P4 prescott. I recently got a 520HX corsair so it shudnt be PSU. I heard rumors on new CPU in January, is it correct? I'm gonna be on vacation til Mid January so i was wondering if ill be able to get my hands on a new CPU, Q9450? or if i should just buy a Q6600 when i come back.

also, i heard it was using a 45NM processor or something...so will it work for my ASUS P2B deluxe/wifi motherboard?

The release of the non-Extreme Yorkfield processors has been delayed because of an FSB frequency bug and because apparently Intel feels that there is not enough adequate competition from AMD. We might only be seeing them later in March! From what I've seen from the QX9650... well, I don't really think it's worth the wait for the Q9450 at all. If it's gaming you want, you probably won't notice a difference at all. If you get a Q6600, preferably a G0 stepping, and overclock it, you'll have more than enough power and that GTS won't get bottlenecked.

So yeah, if you want to upgrade your cpu, the Q6600 is a good way to go IMO.

The release of the non-Extreme Yorkfield processors has been delayed because of an FSB frequency bug and because apparently Intel feels that there is not enough adequate competition from AMD. We might only be seeing them later in March! From what I've seen from the QX9650... well, I don't really think it's worth the wait for the Q9450 at all. If it's gaming you want, you probably won't notice a difference at all. If you get a Q6600, preferably a G0 stepping, and overclock it, you'll have more than enough power and that GTS won't get bottlenecked.

So yeah, if you want to upgrade your cpu, the Q6600 is a good way to go IMO.

thats right, it was originally February canceled to March ( I know it sucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom