Best Nvidia Video Card from newegg under 125 Shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 8600gt's aren't as bad as people make them sound. Sure the x19xx series will blow it away, but for your budget, the 8600gt fits right in. If you don't plan to do serious gaming, then you're fine. If you can try to find a used 7900gs; they should be in your price range also

meh 8600GT is like a 7600GS and 8600GTS is like a 7600GT. They all aint shabby cards, but of course x1950 PRO and 7900GS will beat the 7600GT easily.

No this WILL not smoke an 8600, at least not in the new games. now dont get me wrong, I am a MAJOR ATI fan, I will not buy nvidia, but the 8600 is better then the 1950 for this reason and this reason alone: the 8600 is directx 10 compatible and has newer hardware, the 1950 only supports directx9. also newer hardware adds to that as well. if your an ATI fan and you want the ATI equivalent, get the 2600, or better yet save for the new 3870 which is what Im doing. if your looking to buy a new midgrade video card dont buy last years high end model, because last years high end model is this years lowend model.

actually my best friend uses 2 8600s in SLI mode, and they kick but, run COD4 and bioshock on max graphics and crysis on medium to high. 8600s arnt all that bad as you say they are, and will outperform the 1950. and this is coming from a diehard ATI fan, I always buy ATI cards for my system, my next card will be ATI. im just pointing out that the 8600 is better cuz A: its newer, has newer technology, and B: has directx 10.

actually my best friend uses 2 8600s in SLI mode, and they kick but, run COD4 and bioshock on max graphics and crysis on medium to high. 8600s arnt all that bad as you say they are, and will outperform the 1950. and this is coming from a diehard ATI fan, I always buy ATI cards for my system, my next card will be ATI. im just pointing out that the 8600 is better cuz A: its newer, has newer technology, and B: has directx 10.

word up!

No this WILL not smoke an 8600, at least not in the new games. now dont get me wrong, I am a MAJOR ATI fan, I will not buy nvidia, but the 8600 is better then the 1950 for this reason and this reason alone: the 8600 is directx 10 compatible and has newer hardware, the 1950 only supports directx9. also newer hardware adds to that as well. if your an ATI fan and you want the ATI equivalent, get the 2600, or better yet save for the new 3870 which is what Im doing. if your looking to buy a new midgrade video card dont buy last years high end model, because last years high end model is this years lowend model.

Hmm, I don't think you know what you're talking about. The 8600 does support dx10, however that's a moot point as the card still sucks and would be crippled running any game in DX10 mode.

The only decent 8600 is the 8600GTS, which is roughly equivalent to a 7900GS.

temptemptemptempsf2.jpg

Hmm, I don't think you know what you're talking about. The 8600 does support dx10, however that's a moot point as the card still sucks and would be crippled running any game in DX10 mode.

The only decent 8600 is the 8600GTS, which is roughly equivalent to a 7900GS.

temptemptemptempsf2.jpg

no man, your right I dont know what Im talking about, I guess I just read the REVIEWS by EXPERTS who do it for a LIVING and Ive only seen them in USE being used to PLAY games like bioshock, crysis, COD4 and timeshift, and in every case but crysis they ran the game at FULL graphics in directx10 with no problem whatsoever, and it ran crysis at medium to full. the specifications of any 8600 are far better then any 1950. so maybe you should give the card an honest look, instead of saying it sucks just cuz your so pro ATI. I mean serious, Im an diehard ATI fan myself, I will never buy the 8600, In fact im saving for their new 3870, but to be honest the 8600 is NOT a bad card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom