antec 900 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyBusiness

Baseband Member
Hi. Another enquiry on the antec 900 case.
Does any here connects your motherboard to your antec 900 front speaker to issue a beep sound every startup?
Where is the speaker header located? On the bottom front?

The Antec 900 doesn't have a case speaker... the speaker header should be near the power/reset headers on the mobo.

The Antec 900 doesn't have a case speaker... the speaker header should be near the power/reset headers on the mobo.

I thought standard case should have a built in speaker by the way. So now I can locate the speaker header on the motherboard but what about the speaker? Does the motherboard has one?

most mobo's do have an onboard speaker for posts errors and what not, but the 900 doesn't have a speaker mount. SO I guess if you needed one, you could mod the 900 to put one where you wanted. but why would you need one if you have speakers? (BTW... what mobo do you have?)

most mobo's do have an onboard speaker for posts errors and what not, but the 900 doesn't have a speaker mount. SO I guess if you needed one, you could mod the 900 to put one where you wanted. but why would you need one if you have speakers? (BTW... what mobo do you have?)

I am using the gigabyte P35-DS3. So does this mobo has onboard speaker for posts?
So is this to say that all most antec 900 users do not connect the chassis speaker header to the motherboard as the case does not have one?

The strange thing is every restart there is no single short beep sound to indicate that the system has passed post.
How do I set that tone? In bios and under where?

Strangely, why doesn't the P35-DS3 beep?
I have looked all over bios and there is no such option to set the beep and somebody else was telling me that this motherboard does not feature an onboard beeper and that I have to purchase a third party beeper. Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom