I took my own advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
So I had always wondered to myself, why reguardless of the settings, my overclock was never stable, why Crysis or other games would error out sometimes. I simply thought I hadn't found the right combination of voltages yet..

I was wrong..

I decided to run memtest..
And, well.......

Ten Thousand Errors In UNDER three minutes!!!!!
So yea, to test whether its my board or the memory I am going to throw in some different memory and try again...

But, yea, I nearly died a few times over..

I have a pair of those and I'm loving them. There's not only the LEDs on top, but a glow on the bottom, sort of like under souped up cars. Great looking RAM with the legendary performance of the Ballistix series

Good luck man!

Those look very nice. For running under their stock speed, I think those would be an excellent choice. I think you should be able to get a nice OC with those and also a low memory timing as well. I finally got 3.5GHz stable on mine. Been watching your test here and decided to check mine. Kinda hard to check 4GB in windows, but what I did check is fine. Trying the memtest86 later. Which memtest did you use?

Ste...buy the pc6400 tracers. All they do is loosen the timings so they have a faster clock then charge you double the price. Regular tracers are 4-4-4-12 rated and will easily run 1066. Mine run at 4-4-3-8 timings all the way up to 950 mhz.

BTW what memory were you running that had the errors.

Those look very nice. For running under their stock speed, I think those would be an excellent choice. I think you should be able to get a nice OC with those and also a low memory timing as well. I finally got 3.5GHz stable on mine. Been watching your test here and decided to check mine. Kinda hard to check 4GB in windows, but what I did check is fine. Trying the memtest86 later. Which memtest did you use?

Its not an in windows Test, its Memtest86+, its a self boot CD.

Ste...buy the pc6400 tracers. All they do is loosen the timings so they have a faster clock then charge you double the price. Regular tracers are 4-4-4-12 rated and will easily run 1066. Mine run at 4-4-3-8 timings all the way up to 950 mhz.

BTW what memory were you running that had the errors.

Hrmm, makes sense, ok then..

what if all that oc'ing f'd your ram? lol

No, The test was the RAM running at it's designed Speeds, the RAM was never overclocked more than 50 Mhz, so I REALLY doubt it.

From what i've read the only real way to kill memory is by owning a 680i board (for serious) or putting too much voltage through them. Havent heard of memory dying just from being oc'd.

Ste what kind of memory was it mang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom