wierd HDD issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jspot

In Runtime
I do alot of work on computers and my friend asked me to look at his laptop which he has 2 hard drives in one of the hard drives he has almost full of backed up CDs and Movies ... well the issue lies where you can check the properties on the hard drive and it shows it is almost full. Well when you try to open the folders it says that you can't access them and if you do a properties check on the folder is show they have 0kb of data in them. I can't figure out how to get in the folders and don't understand why in the drive properties it says there is data but not in any of the folders... Can anyone give me reasonable explanation to this or how to get into these folders to save his data?

sorry for being king of the run on sentences

If windows is installed on both HDDs, the files on the secondary HDD will probably be unassecable (locked) how i got around this was a stupid way but it worked (on my old comp) I made the old HDD my primary 1 and copied all the files i wanted to access into the sharing folders, then make the new 1 the primary and copy files over or whatever i wanted to access (from the sharing folders on the old HDD). That may not suit you so try some other way. it is a pretty straight forward problem though, basically windows has secured your files when your not running your computer off that particular HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom