Xmas $$$ upgrades =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
I got the 780i mobo upgrade for xmas and also $600. Any suggestions on something I could invest in to upgrade my comp, or think about investing in in the near future?

nvidia is supposed to be coming out with new high end graphics cards in February, so if you would be interested in upgrading to that, then maybe save the 600.00 for now.

Yea its mostly all rumors but if they're true then it will definitely be something worth upgrading to imo.

But if you don't want to wait for that, then you could consider buying a new monitor. I don't know if you need one or not but there's a lot of really nice 22 and 24 inch monitors out there that are well within your budget.

You could always get a nice case, with a good keyboard/laser mouse combo, maybe even an LCD tv to go with your monitor??? (I have a 26" hooked up to mine) or some good speakers... but your setup is great...

You could always get a nice case, with a good keyboard/laser mouse combo, maybe even an LCD tv to go with your monitor??? (I have a 26" hooked up to mine) or some good speakers... but your setup is great...

I agree strongly with upgrading the "peripherals".

The "essentials" all seem pretty darn fast/sufficient. Treat yourself to an array of inexpensive goodies. Buy like 7 small items. I have the MX300 wireless laser mouse (walmart :p) but I love it. You should buy a nice mouse/case/keyboard/mousepad/speakers/etc.

Blitersety, good suggestion but I already have a 22"

Nukem, I have a TT Armor, saitek eclipse, and Logitech G7 already. I also have my bose speakers hooked up to my comp.

Im thinkin maybe I'll buy another 2 gigs of ram now and save the rest for when the 9 series comes out and sell my GTX and get one of those.

LOL, well ok then... :p I guess that solves that... but if you don't run 64-bit Vista 4GB won't even be seen, much less be helpful... You could always invest in a nice, comfy chair??? I'm glad I did, as much as I'm in mine... :)

edit: mine looks similar to this one, just not as expensive... but still an older model steelcase

Steelcase - Leap® WorkLounge & Ottoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom