CPUZ Link Width Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGlazer

In Runtime
I had my CPU clocked at 2.8Ghz, and CPUZ showed my link width at x16........... then I clock my CPU to 3Ghz and now it shows x1 on my link width.......... I never changed any other setting, what's going on?

This is a VERY annoying common issue with P5B boards.

When I encountered this problem the only thing that fixed it was to restore BIOS to factory defaults, reboot, and then enter your clock settings manually.

Also, once I get good settings entered in the BIOS I always save the settings to one of the 2 Bios Profiles just in case the problem occurs again.

Oh, 1 hint, try setting your PCI-E to 101 or 105

Oh, thank god I saved it JUST before I made the change to 3Ghz, haha. But I've tried 101, and nothing........... should i try 102, 103, 104, up to 105??? Is it ok for it to be set at 105???

People overclock up to 125mhz but I'd stay under 115 as it can affect stability (higher PCI-E also improves graphics card performance marginally)

Your best bet is to just reset the bios to factory settings, reboot....then go into bios and load up your profile again.

Thanx for the help Gurusan!

I'm gonna try to fix this right now

ALRIGHT! I got back x16 for my link width, but I had to use 105........ Is this ok Gurusan??? Just wondering what the difference is between 100 and 105? Is there a downfall to setting it to 105?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom