8800Gtx - Crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what did that get w/ a gtx??? stupid filters..

and is this all dx10 ultra high?

You can try and play in Very High Setting but like the article said is far too demanding for today's video cards and still in High Setting the game looks superb. The test they made was in High Quality which is High Setting if I'm not mistaken.

You can try and play in Very High Setting but like the article said is far too demanding for today's video cards and still in High Setting the game looks superb. The test they made was in High Quality which is High Setting if I'm not mistaken.

u think 2 8800 GT's or 2 HD 3870's can match up or even be better then a GTX?

the HD 3800 has Crossfire X too up to 4 graphics cards.

8800GT is slightly slower than 8800GTX

So, logically two 8800GT should perform much faster than GTX

u think 2 8800 GT's or 2 HD 3870's can match up or even be better then a GTX?

the HD 3800 has Crossfire X too up to 4 graphics cards.

Well you have to take into consideration various things for starter the 8800GT is very close in performance to a GTX logically two of them are faster as shown in various Performance Preview that have been already out since the launch of the 8800GT, and second and most important Driver optimization if they can't or don't optimize the driver for SLi performance there will be no point in trying to get SLi or CrossFire.

Dude I honestly don't care much about SLi even less for "CrossFire x4" so I really can't tell how 4 video card will work, I know that SLi use 1 card for half screen and the second one for the other half if I'm correct but let me ask you something do you really would buy 4 High end or even mainstream video cards??
Well if AMD/ATI's CrossFire can guarantee me that all current and most 1 to 2 years future games will run with high resolutions and all setting maxed with more than 100FPS (steady) it would be a serious matter to think for enthusiast that can spend all that money and want the best performance for their "high end PC". Do you honestly would buy that "CrossFire x4" to get 10 FPS more ahead of a single video card solution?

Anyway well have to wait & see, in the mean time I'm going to do a little research :rolleyes: .

Well you have to take into consideration various things for starter the 8800GT is very close in performance to a GTX logically two of them are faster as shown in various Performance Preview that have been already out since the launch of the 8800GT, and second and most important Driver optimization if they can't or don't optimize the driver for SLi performance there will be no point in trying to get SLi or CrossFire.

Dude I honestly don't care much about SLi even less for "CrossFire x4" so I really can't tell how 4 video card will work, I know that SLi use 1 card for half screen and the second one for the other half if I'm correct but let me ask you something do you really would buy 4 High end or even mainstream video cards??
Well if AMD/ATI's CrossFire can guarantee me that all current and most 1 to 2 years future games will run with high resolutions and all setting maxed with more than 100FPS (steady) it would be a serious matter to think for enthusiast that can spend all that money and want the best performance for their "high end PC". Do you honestly would buy that "CrossFire x4" to get 10 FPS more ahead of a single video card solution?

Anyway well have to wait & see, in the mean time I'm going to do a little research :rolleyes: .

the only true reason to ever n i mean EVER use Crossfire X (4 graphics cards), is if all the cards r the lowest end cards, which of right now is just 3850, thats it.

i think it is gay n so should everyone else but this is the only use i can think of if u HAVE to use Crossfire X.

I have the 6600 quad, 2 gig ram and a Blitz Extreme mb, added to this is my Asus 8800gtx using a Apple 30inch monitor in native res of 2560x1600. I played Crysis right to the end in god mode because I got fed up with its difficulty and all the jerkng and in a few cases freezing. At the end on the aircraft carrier really did show how my card would cope when all mayhem broke loose with flying creatures and two super baddies, it was pathetic, it was like playing a slideshow it was that bad. After spending all that money upgrading its turned out a big dissapointment. I could spend another few hundred quid and double up the card, but I'm a bit wary if it will help.

I have the 6600 quad, 2 gig ram and a Blitz Extreme mb, added to this is my Asus 8800gtx using a Apple 30inch monitor in native res of 2560x1600. I played Crysis right to the end in god mode because I got fed up with its difficulty and all the jerkng and in a few cases freezing. At the end on the aircraft carrier really did show how my card would cope when all mayhem broke loose with flying creatures and two super baddies, it was pathetic, it was like playing a slideshow it was that bad. After spending all that money upgrading its turned out a big dissapointment. I could spend another few hundred quid and double up the card, but I'm a bit wary if it will help.

You are using basically the highest resolution possible!

Of course its not going to play crysis well, an 8800gtx struggles on very high settings with half your resolution. Look the fact is crysis is just too advanced for any system at the moment and there is no computer around that will play it on high settings with your resolution. Adding another gtx will give you roughly another 30-40% more speed, so its not really worth it.

If i were you i would go out and by Call Of Duty 4 and just play that instead (thats what i did).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom