CaseMod Sneak Peak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grievearz

M.C. Etcher
I'm planning on using my new etcher (xmas present) to etch a design into the acrylic panel of my 900. I picked up a spare piece to practice on at home depot and here's how it turned out.

img0358xl7.jpg

I'm going to etch it and then use LEDs to light it up. Should look really nice when done.

Yeah it was done by hand. Letters took about an hour. The design took 3+ to finish, the majority of that was just filling in the head.

This was my first run with an etcher and I really like how it came out. I still have a second practice sheet but I think I'm going to just do the case window tomorrow.

WOW. Just wow. Ever thought seriously about selling custom etched acrylic? If you do, shoot me a PM... I'll be your first customer.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I doubt I'll be opening shop, each etching takes a lot of time and this is just a little project for while I'm on break from school.

It's not very hard to do on your own. I learned a lot from reading this thread: Guide to Acrylic Etching - Guides & Tutorials - Xoxide Forum Network

The etcher runs around $20 and with patience and a steady hand you can do some pretty cool stuff, just make sure to buy a piece or two to practice on first so you get the hang of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom