random BSOD on new hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

amer1337

Solid State Member
hey i really hope you can help me fix this, im getting random bsod on my desktop (every 5minutes where i cant even use it) after putting new hardware into it, the new hardware is as followed, p35-ds3l mobo, e2140, 8500gt (modded), seagate 250gb hd, and 2gb ddr2 gskill memory.

the memory passed memtest for 3 or 4 passes, the hard drive passes seatools on the ultimate bootcd, and when i was in windows the cpu ran wprime benchmarks. i dont know what else to do.

microsofts website said uninstall all drivers to see if theyre the issue, but i didnt have drivers installed, it was a fresh install

How long did Memtest run? 4 hour Minimum.

What is the power supply? You might have to check the voltage and Amperage outputs with a digital multimeter.

Have you considered a bios flash?

Did you install all the motherboard drivers included?

memtest ran 1.5 mabye 2 hours, ill run it now while i go to work, powersupply is new too i forgot to mentioni t, pc power and cooling 610w, i installed drivers for motherboard from the cd and it still gave me bsod, reformatted (no bsod during install) and went toupdate, it goes to ie7 and gives bsod, i cant run anymore updates or itll bsod, installed newest chipset drivers off gigabytes website, still gives bsod.

do i have a bad motherboard?

Yea, well I would first finish running memtest for least 4 hours. If it returns no errors, then RMA the motherboard. If it returns errors, then RMA the RAM.

Nice power supply, same one I have.

thank you for your help, memtests been running for 4.5 hours with 0 errors, seatools short and long test gave 0 errors as well.

im going to go ahead and rma the motherboard, when i rma it do i include all the wires and discs and whatnot, will they send me a new box or just a barebones board?

im running xp pro with sp2

Could be a software issue. Pop in a linux livecd and browse the web or something. If it still crashes then you'll know it's not the OS....

it doesnt crash really when im browsing the web though, ive gotten bsod while isntalling updates, drivers, copying from a usb drive, while shutting down (once), and booting up(once)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom