OC'ing hardcore

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
How much will Overclocking alot have an affect (negative) on the CPU, such as life time, stability etc. If I get 1GB of PC 3200 mem, and a new PSU would i be able to OC well?

if ur gonna fsb over clock ull only get to about a 5:4 ratio which is barely and ocing at all (with 3200) u have an amd+overclocking without good cooling = death ull need some high speed ram if ur gonna oc, some GOOD cooling unless u want ur cpu to die.
overall i doubt ull get to 2800 mhz
ur amd boils or melts at 80 degrees c
ur new psu will not change anything

i dunno if id take chances OCin to the highest, unless u got money or somethin... then go ahead n attempt it!

I recommend buying memory that has a higher speed than PC3200 (DDR400) if you are overclocking beyond an FSB speed of 200Mhz... this allows you to safely overclock your memory because you aren't really... in fact it is underclocked... if you buy something like PC3700 (DDR462.5).

This allows you to overclock your original FSB speed of 200MHz to 231MHz without going over what is recommended for your memory.

My motherboard doesnt support anything higher than 3200. Also, guys, I never said I wanted to go up to 3GHZ on that thing. Rigth now with what you see on my sig I am at 2.2 GHz from the original and it is stable. My CPU is at 36C right now.

I got my friends comp running at 2.47ghz by changing the fsb to 225mhz but it didnt like any higher so i left it at that the machine restarts all the time at 235mhz this is on a 64 bit 3200+ tho it runs well now dell machine lol:p

just because it doesnt say it can support doesnt mean it cant
if u look closely EVERY single board say that it can only support up to 3200 (the ones that can)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom