Logitech Z-5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at this page:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

The one with 900 reviews is the newer one. The one with the common jacks you see in pc speakers must be the older one, because I've never seen it and it's open box. Get the one that has 900 reviews. That's what i've got. And personally, I like the real speaker wiring it has anyway.

Right, well, I already have a Z-5500 and it has the wiring similar to what you would see on a real home theater receiver. I just wanted to make sure which one is which, so I guess I have the newer one. :D

I'm also thinking of getting another one for my dorm, then ill have a Bose Companion 5 and a Z-5500. But not sure why I would get one considering I exchanged my Spherex 5.1 Surround system for the Bose Companion 5 because I have no room for a real 5.1 setup. But the Bose C5 is not very loud and I'm usually throwing the parties in my dorm, so I need a loud speaker system for my dorm. I would bring my Z-5500 with me but its plugged in to the HTPC we have downstairs. So.... I guess I could get another one, but which site offers it for cheaper price and provides the newer version of the sub?

This website sells it for a cheap price....

PROVANTAGE: Logitech 970115-0403 Z-5500 Speakers Digital 505W 5.1 Digital Dolby PL II

But i dont know how reliable that site is....
Dell also sells it for $219.00

So should I get another set and use it only for parties and maybe connect it to our 360 in the dorm?

I really like the sound of it, I regret exchanging my spherex 5.1 but the Bose C5 is pretty good though.

I'm not sure how reliable the site is either. I ordered mine from newegg last spring though, and I can tell you that the box came in great condition and everything was perfect. Sometimes I'd rather pay more to deal with newegg.

I got mine from tiger direct because the price was 50 dollars lower, and my friend had had good experiences with them. Box was in great condition, and came on time. I dont ever go to tigerdirect, but the option is open. They have not let me down, or my friend who uses them more than newegg.

edit- I have the one with the real wiring, and got it last year.. It must be the new one.

Cool. I might get it at TigerDirect cuz they are the same price compared to Dell but I'm sure TigerDirect does not charge tax. Hopefully no shipping either.

Also, should I get a new set though just for throwing parties? I haven't used my Bose in my dorm so I don't know how loud it will be but its pretty loud in my room, just not very boomy as far as the bass goes. But then again, we have a wood floor type of thing, not carpet. My dorm has carpet and the bass just vibrates all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom